01 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Akaza licked his lips in satisfaction, the taste of human blood in his mouth

Akaza licked his lips in satisfaction, the taste of human blood in his mouth. He'd just finished a late-night hunt and consumed a marechi, feeling his power rush through his undead veins.

He calmly walked through the forest, the sounds of crickets and the snapping of leaves and twigs under his feet filling his ears. It was a calm moonlit night but he needed to find a place to stay before sunrise.

He'd found himself in a different village and didn't know his way around. He decided to search the area for a certain blue lily as this village seemed hidden from the outside world.

After almost fifteen minutes of walking, he stopped in his tracks, looking forward at a cottage. It was bigger than the ones he'd seen through the shadows as he went through the village.

There were bushes with various herbs and flowers growing around. The house itself seemed to be well-maintained. And best of all, it was empty. He heard no sound and saw no light coming from the inside.

Akaza smirked at his luck and made his way into the house through a window.

It seemed as though the owner was away, and even if they weren't he could always just eat them--he hadn't had dessert yet.

The pink-haired male walked around the cottage. It was extremely clean with numerous bedrooms. None of them had futons except one, which he decided must be the owner's room. It was obvious that the human was well off.

He laid down on the comfortable couch in the living room, his arms under his head as he took the rest of the night to relax. He'd been on missions to search for the blue spider lily that the Lord had been obsessed with and all he wanted to do now was relax.

He didn't want to be at the Infinity Castle or anywhere familiar as a certain annoying rainbow-eyed bastard would irritate him.

A few hours passed when suddenly the snapping of leaves and twigs outside the cottage caused Akaza to open his eyes.

His amber eyes glowed in the dark and he sat up with a smirk. Looks like his dessert was here.

The door opened and a calico cat meowed, walking inside. The moonlight shone inside through the door as a shadowy figure walked in.

Akaza stood up, ready to attack the oblivious human like a tiger stalking a deer.

But when the human turned his way, his composure fell.

It was a woman.

A beautiful woman.

The (H/c) haired human caught sight of him and her eyes widened ever so slightly. She wore a dark blue kimono, her hair was styled in a way that suit her and she held a cloth bag. She had a straw hat placed over her head with a thin translucent white veil.