07 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Chaos reigned on the small town that stormy night

Y/n rushed out of her house with the villager and Akaza by her side. The demon--who was in his human disguise--held an umbrella over her so that she wouldn't get wet by the rain.

Upon reaching the village center, the duo sees a large crowd of people watching whatever was taking place.

Instantly, Y/n got into action, hurrying toward the scene, leaving Akaza behind, not caring if she was getting drenched in the rain or not.

She wasn't sure what the situation was, but she knew that a patient might need her.

The villagers made way for her and she held her cloth bag of doctor's items tight.

But, when she saw what was in front of her, her grip loosened. And she couldn't help but take a step back.

Akaza was by her side in an instant, holding the umbrella over her head--despite being soaked himself.

He raised his eyebrow at the situation and clicked his tongue. His stomach curled at the sight whether out of surprise or disdain, he wasn't sure. But it didn't last long.

Two young individuals--a woman and a man were hanging lifelessly from the branch of a tree with ropes on their necks.

They'd taken their own lives.

From nearby chatter, he could hear that the two had still been alive and suffocating slowly when the witness had seen them but it was too late now.

Another muttered about how they'd perhaps done such a thing due to the problems in their marriage.

Akaza turned towards the woman next to him. Shaking his head, he placed his hand on her shoulder, "Y/n-san, there's nothing you can--"

But he froze.

Y/n stood there stiffly, as though she was in a trance.

Her eyes were slightly wide and pupils dilated, filled with an unknown emotion. Her (S/c) skin seemed duller, as though all the blood had left her body and she'd clenched her fists so tight that her knuckles were turning white.

"Y/n-san?" He called out.

No response. Her gaze stayed trained on the corpses, her expression one of heavy distress.

Again, "Y/n-san?"

Nothing.

Akaza slightly shook her shoulder and finally, Y/n seemed to snap out of it.

She didn't reply but she looked down, averting her eyes from the corpses of people that she didn't even know.

The demon frowned worriedly but said nothing, his hand still on her shoulder in comfort.