02 𝐀 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Y/n was preoccupied with numerous patients and regulars for the rest of the day

Y/n was preoccupied with numerous patients and regulars for the rest of the day. She was busy wrapping the wounds of injured workers, taking care of sick children, and giving regulars their medicines.

Every few hours, she'd check in on Akaza to make sure he was b̶e̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ okay.

And every time she did, she'd see that he was entertained with her cat Mei. It caused her to let a tiny smile arise on her face.

What she didn't see however was that once she closed the door, Mei went back to clawing and biting the demon who desperately tried to shake it off--trying not to hurt it.

Once night had fallen, Y/n was in her garden, tending to her plants. She watered them, plucked out any weeds, and picked out some herbs she could use for medicines or cooking.

She preferred to do these chores at night time as she wasn't disturbed by the glaring sun and the heat.

Besides, her house was more on the outskirts of the village and hence there were a lot of small animals like rabbits and deer around. And at nighttime, fireflies decorated the area giving off a serene feeling.

The door opened behind her and Akaza walked out.

She turned around, her basket of herbs at her hips as she smiled kindly at him.

He nodded at her before slightly bowing, "Thank you for letting me stay, L/n-san, I'll take my leave," He said.

If a demon familiar with him had seen him now, they'd think he'd been possessed. But he had always believed in being respectful to women.

Y/n nodded at him, "Take care Akaza-san," She said softly, before going back to her work as he disappeared.

She didn't see the pink-haired male for the rest of the night. And when she woke up the next morning, he wasn't there. Even the day after, he was nowhere to be seen

She shrugged, guessing he'd either be busy with work and would come back or he had left the village and they'd never meet again.

Either way, she continued with her life as normal.

But something in her hoped he'd be back. He seemed interesting and she wanted to know more about him. It wasn't every day a human is acquainted with a demon.

_______

It was the third day since Y/n had last seen Akaza.

She walked into town with a cloth bag to visit a few patients. As she walked, she was greeted by the villager. Ever since she'd moved here, she'd been rather popular amongst the men and women.