06 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A few days later, Akaza was finally able to come to the familiar village

He had been roaming different towns on a few missions for Muzan. But finally, he could go home to see the human he had been living with.

It was past midnight when he stood outside the front door. It was silent and there were no lights inside. Hence, he assumed that Y/n was asleep.

Digging into the pockets of his white pants, he pulled out the spare key that she had given him.

Letting himself in, Akaza walked into the hallway.

He slowly opened the door to the (H/c) haired woman's room to check in on her.

There was a single lamp giving the room dim lighting.

And there she was, fast asleep in her futon with a few books on the floor. Mei, her cat was cuddled up next to her as well.

He didn't even think of entering her room, not wanting to invade her private space.

Akaza felt a rare gentle smile appear on his face as he looked at the asleep human. She was turned his way and her face was clear of any sort of disturbance.

She was the symbol of beauty and elegance, even as she slept, completely contradicting his demonic and hostile self.

He wondered how such an ethereal being like her could even exist in a world with monsters like him.

Akaza shook his head, wondering why he was thinking things that were so bizarre and unlike him.

He was about to shut the door when he caught sight of a strange object above her pillow.

It was a katana.

He couldn't help but smirk slightly at the sight of it, feeling a sense of pride knowing that she had something to fight or defend herself with if she needed it.

Perhaps he could train her as well.

Sliding the door shut, Akaza entered the room next to hers.

His room.

They had moved his things into one that was closer to hers and he preferred it that way--for whatever strange reason.

He opened the window, allowing the moonlight to enter his dark room. He sat on the platform, looking around with a menacing expression, keeping watch all night until the sun started to rise.

_______

The next morning, when Y/n woke up, she stretched, getting up from her bed. She opened the window to allow the sunlight and fresh air to enter her room.