15 𝐍𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐠𝐢𝐚

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Akaza stared at the bloodied Flame Hashira with a nonchalant expression

Akaza stared at the bloodied Flame Hashira with a nonchalant expression. The air around him bled power and intimidation.

"Let's fight more," He said encouragingly, "Don't die on me yet, Kyojuro,"

Humans were so weak to him. They gave up so easily when challenged. But the demon slayer in front of him wasn't like that. He had a powerful aura and was extremely strong. A person like that couldn't let their potential go to waste by dying. It would be too pathetic.

Akaza continued to try and persuade Rengoku to become a demon but it turned out to be futile. Despite being injured, he took a fighting stance--his aura burning brighter than it had before.

"I won't let anyone here die!" Rengoku yelled fearlessly, glaring at him.

The demon grinned at the sight, excited to keep fighting. Besides, if the Hashira didn't want to become a demon, he could just kill him. It would be a win-win situation either way.

Akaza laughed, reeling his arm back to attack. Explosions of raw power erupted from both sides, craters being formed on the ground beneath them.

He landed multiple hits on the Hashira and likewise, the man sliced in his arms and chest a few times.

Akaza clenched his fists, ready to land an extremely lethal hit but his eyes wandered behind Rengoku, past the weak demon slayers, and onto the figure of a (H/c) haired woman with a strong white aura.

His amber eyes widened, all the excitement of the battle washing away almost instantly and being replaced with shock.

He flew back before the Hashira could slash him, staring at the woman who he hadn't known would be there.

Y/n stood weakly on the sidelines, holding her injured waist as blood completely stained her kimono. Her half-lidded eyes met his and for the first time in battle, the demon felt true nervousness.

Rengoku seemed to notice his distraction and took this opportunity to land an attack on him. He instantly dodged and punched the man right onto his injury, causing him to spit out blood.

Akaza looked towards Y/n again, who appeared like she was going to lose consciousness and he moved almost instantly. All the instructions of this mission given to him be damned. He had something else that was way more important at that moment.

She took a step forward and her eyes widened when she felt the demon carry her bridal style. She let out a gasp, her hand touching his chest in surprise. Before she knew it, he ran into the forest with her in his arms, ignoring the battle he had been in.

Y/n could hear shouts of panic from behind them. She could even hear a certain boar-headed boy yell curses at the demon for kidnapping his underling until they were silenced by the distance put between them.