04 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐡𝐲𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Y/n walked through the town

Y/n walked through the town. It was nighttime already and she hadn't started heading home yet. She had to stay a while with a patient--who was a young sickly child.

The woman was walking with an air of elegance around her, looking through the shops, and observing all the people enjoying their night. Restaurants bustled with customers and bars were filled with tipsy men and women.

She halted her steps when she felt someone wrap their arms around her.

"Y/n-san! Long time no see!" A familiar kind masculine voice said cheerfully.

The man had dark brown hair and light blue eyes. It was a past patient of hers, Shu. He'd almost died of a severe fever last winter and she had saved his life. Ever since then, he would always give her free food from his restaurant.

Y/n gave him a tiny polite smile, "Hello Shu-san, how are you?"

Compared to her, he let a bright grin arise on his face, "All good, all good," He said before pointing to his shop, "It's been a while since you visited, come on I'll get you something to eat! On the house, of course,"

"Alright," She said, nodding slowly as she hadn't eaten yet.

He guided her through the crowd, one arm still around her shoulder and the other on her arm so that she wouldn't be pushed around by the crowd.

As the two walked into the restaurant, she sat down at a table that faced the outside of the shop. Meanwhile, Shu took her order of a simple bowl of noodles and broth.

She waited a while until he finally walked out of the kitchen with her food. Placing it on the table, he sat down next to her with a smile.

"You didn't have to," She said, shaking her head, knowing he had personally made her food with the flower-shaped cut vegetables in the broth.

"I wanted to! All for my favorite customer!" He said giving her a closed eye grin, his cheeks bright red.

She huffed but thanked him for the food. As she ate, he talked about how his restaurant had been booming since his recovery and that it was all thanks to her.

Y/n silently continued eating her food, unsure how to react to his passionate words. She tended to be rather awkward around strong emotions but she hid it well.

Once she was done, she took out some money to pay but instantly Shu started shaking his head.

"No way!" He said stubbornly, his hands on his hips, "I told you this meal was on the house!"

After almost five minutes of bargaining, she ended up giving up due to his kindness.

She was about to take her leave when he gently placed his hand on her back.