Chapter 15; Stop and Think

Magsimula sa umpisa

Grey walks around the hut and past the tents over to an open spot. A few people were walking a path, and kids playing ball early in the morning. There was a long stretch of bushes that and few trees, and a small bit of water peaking down and slope, and the other side of land.

There were still a few people around, and that made Grey weirded out to go down to the water, especially if others were there bathing too. He decided to walk along the path till it became more of a housing area, and less people walking around. He suddenly saw the bushes next to him fading in the distance, which Yamehl mentioned. So Grey thought it was far and quiet enough to stop there.

Grey maneuvers through some bushes and goes down to the water. As he pushes past the last bit of brush, he sees the water, and some movement. Pale skin barely contrasts over pale blue water. White, long hair was the brightest out, even on the peripheral, and Grey knew he was in trouble.

Feet in front of Grey was Eve, to either one's announce. Her bare body wasn't even half way in the water by how shallow it had gotten there. There was no cover, besides her hair, but only reached halfway down her back. It didn't help completely. Her back was turned, till she heard movement. When she turns, both seemed to scan each other confused, suddenly realizing what was happening.

Eve held her arms to cover herself a bit, but it barely helped. Her skin was covered in the brightest white lines, making more to observe in full, from arms to waist. Grey needed to concentrate up on her face, but he didn't even want to see her expression then. Disapproving, or scared, he didn't want to see.

Eve couldn't help but have a shocked expression on her face. She couldn't really say anything to make it less awkward. She tries to speak, but was at a loss. There really was nothing to say to make it less awkward and confusing.  "Eh- ?!"

Grey finally holds a hand up, and sheepishly turns away. "Eve?!" He gasped, only slightly processing what was going on, but too late to unsee what he was processing.

Before Eve could ask what he was doing, Grey drops his fresh clothes on the ground and hides his face deeply in his hands. "I- I'm sorry!" He awkwardly shouted, face burning up in embarrassment.

Eve's cheeks also were a little flushed. Even though Grey wasn't looking, she just slowly sits down in the water, trying to cover. She kept her hair covering what was barely able to hide in the water. She looks away and shyly tries to speak up. "N- no. It's alright... What are you doing here?"

Grey just points to his clothes he dropped, still not moving his head an inch to peek around. "I- I was just going to wash myself, but I went a ways away, so I wouldn't have anyone around. I- I really didn't mean to stumble across you!" His voice actually sounded anxious and worried, to Eve's surprise. She never assumed he'd be the one to get embarrassed, especially since she's the only one that needed to be.

Eve twirls a small bit of her hair and looks down, making sure she wasn't uncovering herself. "It's fine. Heh, maybe a little awkward you startling me, but it's a public area after all...."

Eve put her hand back in the water. Each splash and sounds she made was only making it more difficult for Grey to concentrate, or not to run away. He could hear something, and tried his best not imagining what was behind him. Then he hears Eve's voice again. "Well... Are you going to get in? It feels weird being the only one not clothed right now. You don't have to worry about anyone else coming here to wash themselves. No one goes this far because the bushes end over a ways and the water's not as high here."

Grey was now in a predicament. If he bathes with his crush, he'd be taking advantage of the situation. But, if he declines, he's still guilty of being a pervert, and she might suspect something. Although shy, Eve wasn't exactly afraid of bathing publicly, even with someone she knows. That openness was dangerous for her. Grey didn't know what he should do, and if it was okay to just leave after seeing her in that state, or having her alone in that state with possible onlookers still.