Chapter 15; Stop and Think

The next day began. From what happened last night, it was an early and awkward morning. Eve woke up as Yamehl did, still in their clothes from yesterday and over the covers still holding each other. Explanation was not needed, or given. But they enjoyed the small interaction while it lasted before paying for the consequences.

Eve wanted to clear her head and go out. She snuck around downstairs to not wake the rest. Even opening and closing the door slowly as possible. Yamehl eventually went downstairs to do tasks. When Grey eventually wakes up, he slowly sits up, and scanned the still new room to him. He sees Yamehl, who was sitting by his small wood stove with a book and cup in hand.

Yamehl turns when he notices movement. He greets Grey, as he's silent watching him. "Good morning, Agent. Sleep well?"

Grey scratches his head and gets up, reaching into his bag for new clothes. "Yeah... Where's Eve?" He stretched his back and arms a bit, still tired from the trek. Sameer must had been tired as well, or a heavy sleeper, because he didn't budge.

Yamehl takes a sip and peers over his cup at the door. "She's out at the moment. I have a hunch that she's by the water. You should go down there as well. I assume you haven't bathed in a while, and would like to." He turns back to Grey with a polite smile.

Yamehl's 'hunch', regardless of accurate, brought up the question of bathing. Regardless of what Yamehl has an ability of, bathing seemed like something Grey wanted to do, but was also hesitant about. "It's public, right?" He asked, one brow raising and the other scowling down.

Yamehl nods. "Yes. Apologies, if you're not used to it. There's a steep slope down, so no one can see unless they walk close to the bushes. I also have a tub outside, but it's next to the people outside's tents, and you'd have to fill it up with a pale." He sets down this cup and closes his book.

Grey glances to the side at Yamehl as he tidies his hair a bit as it was crazy from bedhead. "I'll go. But... you said Eve was out there? You're not worried about her there alone?- Or, if I go down there?" He genuinely wanted to be polite, but he didn't assume he'd do anything wrong.

Yamehl chuckles, which Grey didn't expect as an answer. He SHOULD worry about those things, as a normal response. "Need not to worry, she has a spot. And, some people are comfortable bathing in public. The water there is sanctioned for bathing, washing clothes, or grabbing water. There's also bushes around the whole area. Just not too far, then the greenery starts to fade out." So, it was reassured.

Grey quickly gave a nod. He grabs his stuff and goes to leave. "Noted. Well, thanks. I'd love to clean all the dirt off my skin...."

Before Grey could go, Yamehl stops him. "Coffee before that?" He raised a cup slightly higher to his face, insinuating there was more for everybody.

Grey turns but looking past Eve's mentor. "I'm fine. Actually, more of a tea drinker." He tried to brush off the offer, thinking he doesn't deserve the magician's kindness regardless.

Yamehl thinks he understands, the bashfulness, and the preference. "I'll have something brewing when you get back, along with breakfast. Hope you don't mind something simple. I'm going to make something for everyone." He smiled, making sure there was at least something Grey would prefer.

Grey drops his head a bit and sighs, tired of differing. "Thank you. You really don't have to." He just takes the kind gesture, since it seemed inevitable.

Yamehl slowly walks backwards to his book and set it back. "Heh, just get cleaned up. It's the right thing to do, since I'm not sure you'd like something more than what you have to rationed for a week." He eyed over his spectacles, smirking in a short, deep chuckle.