|22| |𝐑ᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ 𝐓ᴏ 𝐌ʏsᴛɪᴄ 𝐅ᴀʟʟs 𝐈s 𝐍ᴏᴛ 𝐀ʟwᴀʏs 𝐏ʟᴇᴀsᴀɴᴛ.|

Start from the beginning

“Do not bother, Joseph,” she smiled kindly at him. “I shall take care of it, thank you.”

The man bowed his head down in respect and left her bedroom before Alexandra took a glimpse of herself in the mirror and walked out as well, descending the stairs to greet her visitor.

“Mr. Salvatore,” she spoke, making her presence known to Damon. “What a surprise finding you here...”

“Miss Bloodwood,” he greeted her back with a smirk. “It's been a while.”

“Indeed,” agreed the half-Cretan when she reached the doorstep. “Don't get me wrong, you were the last person I expected to see.”

“No offence taken,” mused Damon and pointed at the invisible barrier that prevented him from entering without an invitation. “Can I come in?”

She was surprised by how utterly polite he was being. “Only if you tell me the reason for your visit.” 

Damon gave her a deadly sincere face. “I came to take you back to Mystic Falls.” He told her, causing her brows to furrow. “Katherine's back.”

Her eyes widened due to the divulgence. “Come in.” 
___________________________________________

𝐀ʟᴍᴏsᴛ 𝐀ɴ 𝐇ᴏᴜʀ 𝐋ᴀᴛᴇʀ...

 “Christ, I needed some time to mourn and look what happened!” She walked back and forth and sometimes threw some glances at Damon. “John Gilbert has returned. My aunt or former aunt – Isobel – has returned. You, Stefan and Victoria almost died but Mayor Lockwood did! You all came to discover that John and Isobel are Elena's biological parents, and last but not least, Katherine Pierce has returned!” 

“Okay, can you please sit down so we can talk more calmly?” Suggested Damon and reluctantly, Alexandra did as required. “Now, I came to you because you're the only one who can help us, let alone protect us. Otherwise, I wouldn't have come all the way to Crete if I knew you couldn't do it.”

“How can I be of any assistance?” Doubted the brunette. “I know nothing of Katherine Pierce.”

“When you met Stefan and me, what was the very first thing you did?” Queried the Salvatore male, already knowing her response.

“I made some research upon you both, from our archives,” replied Alexandra, in honesty.

“And how did you discover that Katherine was never inside the tomb?”

“Through the same way,” she continued. “Do not say anything, I know where you're proceeding with it.”

“Exactly!” Praised Damon. “You're gonna find out everything about her from your Shadowhunter archives or whatever, plus everything I'm going to tell you while we're flying back.” 

“Firstly, I didn't accept your offer yet, and secondly, how did you discover that it was her and not Cupcake?” She wondered. “They look exactly the same.”

“Well,” he moved closer to her, for privacy, knowing that her father and the twins were somewhere inside the mansion. “Apart from the fact that she almost killed John, something else happened before that. I was in Elena's house after your friend Bonnie freed us from that damn basement and I was talking with Jeremy about him and Bonnie– don't ask I'll fill ya in, later. Then, when I was about to leave, I bumped into Elena right outside her house and we talked a bit but then she... she tried to kiss me, something that Miss ‘I need to protect my family’ would never do, no matter how attractive I am.” Alexandra rolled her eyes and Damon continued, “I mean, even if she hadn't broken up with Stefan, she still wouldn't kiss me, like– there's nothing going on between us, not even a fling.”