Part 18: The Fair

"That one!" Clementine screeched, her spare arm frantically pointing over at the face paints. I glanced down at her, seeing her little body, her hand raised holding mine. I flashed her a subtle smile, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah? What're you thinking? Cat... dog... tiger?" I suddenly tickled her, raising her up. She laughed at me with a big smile, with gave me serotonin - it almost made me forget about dad... fuck, I still need to tell them. I guided her over to the face paints, feeling a hand imprint on my back while I held Clem in my arms. I turned my head over to see Hannibal, following beside us. Vincent ran off into the fair with his girlfriend, they're so cute it makes me jealous I can't lie... but I am happy for him.

"Gracie, I want you to have one" she then turned to Hannibal, pointing at him.
"And you" she smiled. Hannibal raised an eyebrow at her, a smile slowly imprinting on his face.

"Oh? What would I be?" He smirked, keeping his hand on me.

"Hmm... Gracie can be..." she then turned back to me, pouring her lips as she thought. I glanced over at Hannibal, who's smile developed even more up at me.
"She can be... an orange!" She clapped her hands together, grinning mischievously. Although I will walk around looking like a cunt, I'll dedicate this day to her anyways.
"And you can be a dog! I'll be a cat!" Clem then pointed over at Hannibal.

———

Hannibal got himself off the painters chair, viewing himself in the mirror presented in front of himself. He pulled a face at himself, instantly regretting his decision but it brought lots of joy to Clementine and I. He grunted as he walked over to Clem and I, who had our face paints done before.

"Atleast you're not an orange" I pointed out to him, which sent Clementine into a hysteric roar. He shrugged one shoulder at me, taking ahold of clems right hand while I took ahold of her left hand.

"I would have preferred... a red dragon, or perhaps a -" he went on to say before Clementine gasped.

"A FLOWER!" She cried. There was a long pause, so I closed my mouth together to stop my laughter coming through.

"...yes, a dog was a good choice" he mumbled to himself. I couldn't hold myself back anymore, so I snorted out a few laughs. Hannibal shot his head over at me, with a serious face but I couldn't take him seriously, since he was a dog. I then bursted into laughter, unable to stop then Clementine followed in, as did Hannibal.

"In the air in 3...2...1!" I cried, lifting Clem into the air as did Hannibal.

"Weeee!" She shrieked, throwing her legs back for more of a boost. Until, her eyes got a shimmer over at the bumper cars.
"There! There! There!" She screamed, frantically pointing over by letting go of my hand.
"Come on! Come on!" She began to pull at Hannibal's hand, dragging him away. He turned his head over at me, his eyes screaming for help however I just shrugged my shoulders at him with a grin, following behind them.

"I'm an orange, it's your turn to be humiliated" I whispered to him.

———

Hannibal's eyes were wide, seeing Clementine swerve on the steering wheel. He often grabbed it by instinct, to not crash into another car but Clementine was ruthless.

"Hey!"

I turned my head over to see Vincent, holding cotton candy with V beside him. However, both Their eyes went wide at me and V slowly raised her palm to her mouth.
"...what did she do to you..." Vincent spoke under his breath, a smile slowly overriding his face. I pushed him away from me playfully, stealing a bit of his cotton candy.

"Don't talk about it. Hannibal's a dog, she's a tiger. Why couldn't I be a dog!" I cried to him, dramatically raising my hands in the air. They both snorted to themselves, holding hands.

"Everyone outta the cars!"

The announcer played, Hannibal's eyes showed relief as he let out a breath he was holding in, carefully getting himself out of the car and helping Clementine doing so, who's face showed disappointment. They both approached me, Clementine running at me with open arms. I went down to her level, holding her close. Once she collided with me, I let out a huff to her force nearly knocking me onto the floor.

"Ooof, how was that?" I questioned Clementine, seeing Hannibal taking in deep breaths, sitting on the stairs for a minute. It looked like he had just escaped death as he rested his head in his hands. Vincent tapped him on the back, smirking.

"You're alright, big man" he smirked, offering him a hand up which he took.

"It was so fun!" Clementine screeched, jumping up and down slightly. I smiled up at her, jumping myself to my feet, taking ahold of clems hand - I hated not keeping her beside me in big crowds like this.

"Okay! Corn dogs?" I questioned everyone, they all let out a cheer, except Hannibal who was still processing his own personal hell.

"Corn dogs! Corn dogs! Corn dogs!" Vincent chanted.

———

Once we were back in Hannibal's home, I was hovering over his bathroom sink, rubbing off this god for saken face paint. I threw water over myself again, feeling the counter for a towel. Once I felt irs fabric, I rubbed it on my face and once I could finally open my eyes. My eyes went wide seeing my dad stood in the door way through Hannibal's grand mirror, his eyes gone, blood pouring from his mouth and an empty gut. I let out a shriek, spinning myself over to see Hannibal approaching. At the sight of him, I let out a relieved sigh.

"You scared me" I chuckled at him, seeing his face paint gone - except the few stains.
"How's Clem?" I questioned him, slanting my head over at him. He took a few steps over at me, nodding his head once.

"Sleeping fine in the guest room. She found a new nickname for me" he informed me, one hand on his hip as he let out a disappointed sigh.
"Ham" he confessed. I raised an eyebrow, a smirk developing on my face.

"...ham!" I repeated, letting out a few giggles. He did a shameful nod over at me, wiping his eye.

"I don't wish to talk about it" he begged to me. I raised my hands up in surrender, laughing.

"Okay, okay!" I bowed down, back into the sink, washing off the few stains until Hannibal raised my head up at me by my chin, taking a hold of a wet cloth and began cleaning me up. I kept my eyes on him, feeling them settle. He glanced up at my eyes for a moment, smiling, and then back down at my cheek, being gentle.
"Thank you, for today. I mean, I know we didn't tell Clementine and Vincent but... but I couldn't take those smiles off those faces, I knew I won't see them for a long" my smile then melted away, Hannibal's scrubbing also slowly stopped.

"I understand. I know you want nothing but happiness for them" he promised me, cupping my face.

"Am I still orange?" I joked to him, which managed to spring up a smile.

"A little, I can see past it however.. do I still have whiskers?" He questioned. I laughed at him for a moment, before it faded away however my smile didn't. He then leaned forward to me, his hand slowly twirling through my hair.
"Your walls aren't thin, right?" I whispered to him, leaning forward myself.

"No" he responded plainly, planting his lips on top of me. I let out a moan finally feeling my next hit of my favourite drug, which i very much missed. I threw my arms over his neck, keeping him close as his other hand went down into my waist.

yeah, I'll leave it there so you guys can stew of what's coming next! But HOW CUTE WAS THE FAIR? It was an idea of mine I had for ages, but it was so worth it