Part 17: Leaving

"Okay, we should get going" Mia suggestively tapped my shoulder, her dazed eyes indicating over to the exit of the club. I turned my head over at the middle aged man, dressed in a nice suit and a fancy watch to his wrist. I flashed him a warm smile, scooting my way out of the booth.

"Thank you, for covering the bill. You're very kind" I spoke to him over the booming music. He let out a chuckle up at me, waving his hand.

"No worries. You ladies get home safe" he pointed his finger up at me. We both waved him a goodbye and once we turned to leave, Mia and I made eye contact then big grins went over our faces. The man inspected the bill, his eyes wide at the total.
"Ey! Stop those girls!" He screamed. Then, Mia and I both sprinted into the crowd, pushing our way through as we died of laughter.

"Go! Go! Go!" Mia screamed into my ear in total hysteria. Once we made our way out of the club, I saw security pushing their way through to us so we both rushed to take off our heels and began sprinting down the road, screaming together.

"Stop!" One man shouted at us, in a serious tone. As I was running, I glanced my head over to see two security guards sprinting to us. Mia took ahold of my hand, snapping me out of it, then she revealed the bottle cork of the bottle we scammed the man into buying for us - the macallan 1926.

I stayed seated on my couch, staring down at my floor aimlessly, playing with my fingers while agent jack Crawford attempted to get his words through to me?

"Miss? Miss Washington, I need you to focus" he instructed me, waving his hand at my glare. I finally raised my head up at him, attempting to block any noise around me. He slanted his head over at me, attempting to analyse me.
"When did you find him?" He asked me calmly, clasping his hands together. It took me a moment to respond, since I kept replaying the sight of my father. His back skin carved off, producing wings that were spread open through string, holding him in the air, and his eyes were gauged out as well as his tongue. His stomach was cut open, however there were no guts or blood on my counter. Something like this took time, which only petrified me more.

"Um... I finished work... m-my car broke down" I whispered to myself, retracing my steps and the time by doing so. Jacks eyes squinted over at me, hearing me talk manically.
"Then... then 3. I found him at 3" I raised my head up the agent, who was still pulling a puzzled face up at me. He nodded his head once, then scribbled something into his book.

"He thinks you did it"

My entire body went cold, unable to move until a noise startled me to the right, revealing all the forensics in white suits. Then, I saw my father sat beside me. He was wearing what I saw him last in - his white stained vest and some pants. Will Graham then stood beside jack, his footsteps making me turn.
"Say you hated me, you'll get cuffed"

"Jack, there's no dna under his fingertips. No sign of struggle" he spoke to him in a mellow tone, scratching his stubble.

"Grace!"

Finally! I turned my head over to see Hannibal pacing over to me again and I let out a shuddered, relieved sigh at the sight of him. He sat himself down beside me, blocking me from the sight of my father and he put his hands on my face, viewing my manic state.

"I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about during your session, dr. Lecter" will directed to Hannibal, his eyes drawn on him. However, Hannibal kept his eyes on me.

"Let's take the body back to the team" jack stood up from my coffee table, adjusting his blazer.
"We'll contact you soon, miss" jack promised me, then vanished into the kitchen with Will.

"Distract me. Please, distract me" I pleaded off Hannibal, my voice shakier than ever. He slanted his head at me, seeing the fear and panic in my eyes.