21| Young royals

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 3,250 words

𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐠

Hongjoong had a fucking fantastic idea, actually, it might even have been his best idea in a long time.

And it involved them all. No one would be able to thank him no, hell- just thinking about what gains he would have from this had him already rubbing his hands together with a devious grin on his lips.

Because honestly, who would say no to a little bit of drinking?

Especially after what truths had been told of them possibly being locked inside those same walls for a long time... They all needed something to distract themselves with.

The demon prince wasn't thinking about the small amounts of wine there were served with supper - he wanted them to get drunk, really drunk. Drowning all coherent emotions; slurring voices and thoughts and making them forget why they came here, or, why they would not want to come here.

Maybe he could have a taste of drunk mind again, just a tiny bit to satisfy his itching needs.

Maybe...just maybe...

Hongjoong tapped his nails against the surface of the doorway, leaning around the edge of it as he considered the situation of the princes inside the room.

"Snooping around and envying how the others get along, hmm little demon?"

A foul taste swelled on his tongue, and Hongjoong stepped back to stare right into the stupid bitch's face, seeing how the corners of her lips curled the same way he just had done before.

"Fuck off," he grumbled sourly.

"Oh, little one, you forget that I must keep a tight eye on you now that we all know you aren't up to any good," she cooed and proceeded to reach a hand out to ruffle his dark hair.

Hongjoong found himself staying in his spot instead of dodging her act. What?

Hissing, the demon prince turned his head and pushed the sorceress away from him. His hands fumbled to readjust the black crown, "As if the others are any better than me, just wait and see how their patience will wear thin and chaos will break out. You'd be surprised."

"Maybe," she hummed and crossed her arms, "But that doesn't change the fact that they're bonding. And that you are feeling bored here, all alone.."

For a second, Hongjoong held her eyes to his. She tilted her head and he couldn't be more annoyed by those cat-like orbs taking in his reaction. He licked his lips, smirking, as he walked past her down the hallway.

"Demons don't feel any emotions related to that, mother," he spat with mockery, feeling the reaction of a startle expanding in the air.

Clearly, she hadn't been prepared for him to call her by the terms she had claimed herself to come around by. Even if it was only to ridicule her. The sorceress was no one to him.

The clicking heels against the stone floor followed him down the spiral staircase he floated down.

"That is quite not true, dear. I can assure you of that," a certain amused tone clung to her words and Hongjoong quickened his pace.

"Well, me as a demon, do not feel any sort of those emotions," he retorted sharply, eyes not even looking around where he was when he turned to his left before his feet even touched the last step of the gilded marble.

His body moved on its own as if he was out of possession of himself. Conflicted, the demon just wanted to get away from her. And yet, the witch's voice still chirped at him a few steps behind him. Fucking fantastic.