2| Fun in the darkness

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1,200 words

𝐘𝐞𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠

Hands grasped his head, pulling it back until the rest of his body was forced to follow with it, and his boots stumbled across the floor with unbalanced steps. The prince winced when his back hit the wall, and eyes sprung up to the person who now trapped him between them and the hard surface. His eyes were blown and raking fear.

Until he figured the appearance of the other - crown so black that it almost wasn't there, sitting on top of the head of a young man. Yeosang eyed him for the passing minute as his sight had gotten used to the pitch.

Laughter echoed throughout the hall, and only then Yeosang realized what had happened. His eyes glowed an angered red as he hauled his arms back and shoved the other prince away from him as he screeched at him:

"Let go of me you foul unmannered radical!"

His heart was beating like crazy in his chest when the other finally was off him again, and his hands immediately went down his shirt, where he adjusted the soft fabric. With a raised hand, he did the same with the golden crown on his head, even if he knew it hadn't been moving around.

"Hah... hoped for a better reaction - like a scream or something, but the implicit fear can do it too. Of course, it's not the exact same, but whatever."

"Don't touch me!"

Yeosang glared at the other prince, his eyes showing a red, threatening color and his arms had fallen crossed. The other was giggling at him.

"Ooh, a feisty one... You didn't see me, at all?" he sensed how the prince was stepping around him as if examining closely.

Yeosang wanted to scoff, but instead, he bit his lip hard to keep the sound from escaping, "No, because I obviously don't have a night-sight as you do."

The other prince hummed thoughtfully at the piece of information before sliding into the shadows of a tall pillar once more. It made Yeosang uncomfortable not knowing what the other suddenly disappeared to undertake, even more, when he felt the breath of someone ghost him across the skin in his neck.

"At least you should let me know your name, now that I clearly see your pretty face, fairie.." a finger tapped his chin but Yeosang ignored it when he felt the presence of the other prince fade further away from him again.

"And you should have thought about your actions then - I will not tell you until I have figured out this place, so answer me, are there others?" he retorted harshly, pulling one of his hands forward as he mumbled a quiet spell there had a light flicker in his palm. Yeosang's insides gleed when he suddenly saw the butterfly fly down to sit closer to the light. It fluttered with its wings in comfort.

Lifting his gaze up, he looked around what seemed to be a tall entrance to a hall. Pillars were symmetrically rooted from the squared floor all the way up to the ceiling on both sides of the hall, and in the distance, Yeosang got a glimpse of the split stairs there both let up to a second floor. This castle was huge from the small bite of build he could see with the light in his single palm.

"I haven't seen anyone else apart from you yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were," Yeosang didn't bother turning around to look at the other prince while he spoke, instead, he stepped around a pillar, dragging his hand slightly around it to feel its smooth surface before he continued to the stairs. The energy filling this castle still felt odd, and he prayed that someone with a more bright and vivid aura soon would be here because the darkness following him in his footsteps was constantly driving him nervous.

He almost tripped over the stairs from surprise when a dark sky of dust appeared in front of him, two black eyes looking him in his face, "Tell me, are you scared?" the other prince was smirking down at him, "Because the way the energy trembles off you is satisfying my needs."

Yeosang stared at him. His hair was pitch black, enfolding the top of his head somehow fluffy where the ends of it almost pricked him into his noticeable fully black eyes, where only the irises were a shade of grey. The shadows dancing across his face refined his pointy small nose and the superior smile, that made Yeosang want to take a step back. This man in front of him was a demon, and the black crown he wore told him, that he must be the demon prince.

"Hello pretty fairie, do you enjoy the view?"

And then he realized that he had been staring a little too much, and the feeling made his eyes go through a dusty pink before glowing red again. Yeosang was glaring.

"You look better when you shut your mouth, now move Kim Hongjoong, you do not scare me," the prince hurried past the demon before he was told any answer and nearly tripped over the last step when he hasted his speed through a wide, open door.

"Yah! That's not fair you know my name, but I don't know yours!!"

Yeosang bustled into a more narrow passage, making the butterfly hold on to his arm with its life as air blew around his form. Along the right wall of grey stones, large windows were lined up, the rails formed decorative patterns that enveloped the dull pane. They were not entirely see-through, but enough to have light shine in on the floor. Then he caught sight of the lit lanterns placed around the windows. Yeosang was sure that the demon prince wasn't the one who had lit them, and he figured that someone else must be here.

He continued along with the windows, finding another door half open to stairs that both led up and downwards - he chose the way down where he sensed more light from candles. And he was right.

His footsteps echoed as a double pair of feet when he entered a bright extent, filled with warmth and delicious smells of steaming foods. The light in his palm faded and the butterfly left his arm to search the foreign, home-like place.

"What is this.." Yeosang whispered to himself while his green eyes followed the long table filled with different kinds of dishes.

Then he moved from the top of the long table to the objects around it; he counted eight seats, but one of them was already filled. The demon behind him stepped up to stand beside him, he could nearly hear the smug smile around his lips.

"I suppose we are invited for dinner."