4| As vampires and werewolves always do

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2,000 words

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢

It sounded like the sky was breaking into pieces from how fierce the water was falling down and hitting the earth. Mingi was sighting the dinner table with wary eyes before he decided to leave the room. His sensitive hearing told him about the approaching people outside the thick walls, but something just felt wrong. Excusing himself from the assembly, his chair scrambled against the floor and soon he was leaving the closed door there led out into the now, lit hall.

And someone was knocking upon the enormous wooden door instead of just opening it as everyone else had done until now. Mingi strode across the tiles faster than one would be able to see him and courtly pressed down the handle, letting the door open. He already knew that it would be three people standing outside, but that two of them were without legs had he definitely not expected. A pair of troubled eyes caught his a moment before a deep growl left those same lips he knew all too well.

"Move aside, bloodsucker."

A tall man pushed himself in through the opening, soon two others slipped to the floor, but Mingi regarded their presence not a single glance as all his attention was drawn on the man who had called him out rather offensively. He tasted the bitterness in the other's smell as he tsked at him.

Jeong Yunho flicked his head around, and Mingi easily spotted how the other licked his canines out of annoyance. His arms were crossed and it seemed that he had forgotten everything about the two men laying on the floor, that he supposedly just had helped inside. Yunho turned around to fetch the bag that he must have left out in the rain, but the vampire didn't move from his spot in the meantime.

"What, Mingi, surprised to see me?" Yunho sassed as he passed the tall vampire.

He saw how the water dripped from the ends of Yunho's red-brown hair while he sat down beside the one with shorter black hair. Mingi didn't say anything, and only now he side-eyed the issue drenched in water on the tiles.

"Hey, is there anything I can do? You know, to help you grow legs again? Sorry if I sound rude, but honestly, am I not very knowledgeable in this field."

It was clear to see that the two water creatures' shifting was not something they had planned; figured from how ruined their neat clothes were. Both still wore the tops of their outfits, but like Yunho just had said, no one had legs, instead, they were replaced with glittering scaly fish-tails. On their heads, a matching crown seated, glinting with drops of water and the sight had Mingi wondering if they were brothers.

The one with the shorter black hair was smiling sweetly up at Yunho, as his eyes floated with a white, sticky substance, "Ah, yeah, about that would it be nice with something to wipe ourselves with. My tail won't shift before I'm completely dry, but for Jongho's matter can he control it himself."

Yunho turned his head to look at the other mer-creature, who was looking everywhere but at him. Mingi saw the blush coating his shy cheeks.

"But.." started the other merman with a growing smug smile on his lips, "Obviously he will be naked."

For a moment, Mingi could sense the sudden surprise which Yunho felt, but the notion soon changed to the side of him that adopted all responsibilities. The tall man got up from the floor, but as he was about to say something, someone was already bursting into the hall. Their arms were filled with towels and clean clothes. Mingi wondered how they could have known about this.

"Sirs!" the presumable maid exclaimed while she kneeled down and handed over one of the towels she was holding. The servant did the same.

His eyes were glued at Yunho once more, but the other was far from aware of the glance. Or the arms pulling him away from the hall and into a fairly lit room at an inhuman speed. Yunho's back collided against the firm stone wall and he groaned in pain. When he snapped his eyes open, they were a piercing golden color, glaring right into the vampire's soul.