16| A blessing in disguise

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 4,400 words

𝐘𝐞𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠

As the words dropped, he pulled his arms away from the merman prince, letting go of every brace he had given the other.

There was no way his father had been tricked by a witch, believing that Yeosang would merely come here to discuss complications with the sons of the other kingdoms - and not be held captivated in a foreign castle that he was not able to escape.

His eyes felt like burning in the eyesockets, but the fairie prince ignored the pain, directing his stare at the woman anyway, "You cannot just hold us as hostages! We're important people and my land needs me to come back rather soon."

To Yeosang's annoyance, the Sorceress didn't agree with his view of the situation, clicking her tongue as she gave him a broad toothy smile, "You will have to solve the curse then. Before that, the castle's doors will stay locked."

"You have cursed us?!" someone exclaimed, making Yeosang redirect his eyes in the direction of the siren.

Seonghwa who stood close to the other seemed like he was about to burst out in flames of rage.

The witch simply just shrugged her shoulders at him, giving him the same toothy smile as she walked closer to the unconscious demon on the floor. She scrunched her nose as she pulled up in her long fabrics and nudged the creature with the tip of her shoes, "You surely did a great job trying to kill him," she looked at the wolf hiding in the blanket, teeth trying to scare her away.

"I understand though," with a flick of her wrist her dark magic lifted Hongjoong into the air, his head falling backward in a repellent way while droplets of blood dripped from the corpse.

Yeosang couldn't help himself but look away.

"Demons can be quite the deal, I must agree," continuing, she drew her eyes over them all again, "I will leave you to it now, have a great evening."

"Woah woah, wait! You can't just leave after telling us that you've cursed us? You better break that stupid curse yourself!"

Those cat-like eyes stared at Jongho for a long minute, a bored expression filling all her features before her eyes suddenly rolled around at him, "But that's the whole point of casting a spell at someone - they have to solve it themselves. I will give you a hint though, which is; the answer is stored in the hearts of the other princes. There you go, dearest siren prince, now, if you may excuse me I'll go patch up prince Hongjoong."

The room fell quiet when she left. Yeosang wanted to leave too, the remnants of left anxiety swelling in the pit of his stomach, strings filtering into knots of throbbing discomfort. The fairie prince's slow eyes lifted to another fighting scene of the tall princes in the middle of strangling each other, claws and teeth and foul words spit at each other as they collided.

The vampire was heaving the phoenix into the air, his crown falling from the top of his head and hitting the ground with a hollow sound as he gasped for air. Wooyoung was screaming at them to stop and the wolf on the ground could do nothing but growl at them from the opposite end of the room. Yeosang gulped as all resentment hit him like a harsh wind.

The meeting with The Great Sorceress only confirmed that this place was filled with dark magic, and Yeosang didn't like it at all.

Faeries' magic had roots in nature, being as pure as something ever could be. But the executive sorceress used magic drawn from the shadiest places in the world, full of all kinds of darkness and evilness - Yeosang was sure.