11| Sleeping with the enemy

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1,800 words

𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐨

The maid was looking puzzled at him as he asked her a question.

"Uh.." he said and rubbed the side of his neck with a hand, "You know, the one with short pitch-black hair, slightly narrow eyes, features very handsome, and around this.. tall," he gestured a height almost the same as his own with his hands.

It seemed to work, for the woman's eyes lit up the moment she knew who he was seeking, "Oh yes, I remember now, Your Royal Highness," she said with a hum and did a small curtsy, "Follow me."

Jongho squinted his eyes at her when they left the hallway he had found her in. He hadn't seen San the whole morning, and although his absence should've been a relief for him, he could only worry the more time passed without knowing what the hell he was up to.

The siren had a sketchy feeling about this as San never was one to skip his meals. And yes, compared to most of the other species here, the merpeople were awake at day and slept at night.

There was no convincing reason for San not to be up at this time of the day.

They strolled down another turn in the hallway and before the siren got to word his skepticism about the lead of the maid, she finally halted in front of a white double-doored room, her eyes wandering to his figure as she bowed her head at him. His eyes trailed the only bared skin of her neck as her hair was gathered on the back of her head.

"He should be in here, Your Royal Highness," she affirmed with her sight locked on the floor.

Jongho nodded at her, his brows still pinched, but nevertheless, he thanked her for the help and dismissed the maid. He gazed further down where the hallway abruptly ended with an enormous window that showed the beautiful view of hollow woods and writhing rivers. Mountains towered on the horizon, and how he wholeheartedly wished that he could have just glimpsed the ocean.

He sighed longingly, chin falling a tad bit down before he raised himself from the depths and decided to knock at the door. After a long wait, nothing happened and he started thinking if the door was too dense for the sound to go through. But it should be. Jongho gave it another try.

Had he died?

Then something thumped hard down against the floor, followed by one's shriek.

Alerted, all the siren's senses sparked alive, and without giving it a second thought, he threw his weight into the door. That was definitely San he had heard.

_____

𝐒𝐚𝐧

His body felt as if the weight of the seven seas was laying on him and pressing him down into the immeasurably soft bed. So heavy. He was numb - all over, and not even the blueish light shining in through the slits of the curtain would be enough to drag him out. San groaned as he rolled over, his arms hitting against a warm body he instinctively wrapped them around as he pulled himself closer again, cheek nuzzling against the bare shoulder as he smiled fondly. He could stay here for a long time; everything felt perfect here.

The man stirred as he must have felt the sensation of the other prince's hand resting against his stomach before slowly trailing upwards. He purred at the affection of the hand brushing against his warm skin and trailing the firm muscles of his chest, now and then crossing the sheeny gold patterns.

Suddenly the knock on the door was heard again, and San whined into Wooyoung's shoulder, refusing to let go of the warm body.

"San," the dragon said with his deep rumbling of a morning voice.