31| Tenebrous titillate

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2,900 words

𝐘𝐞𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠

His gaze snapped at the other as he held a certain qualm about the circumstances. Having Prince Seonghwa stand within a radius of 3 meters did not help either.

"Why are you still here?" he posed, lips drawn in a thin line as he eyed the other prince's unreal expression.

The other prince made his way around the corner of the bed, and pulled the chair over, "Because someone has to look out for you, and I so happen to be the one taking on that responsibility as I am the only one who can keep you alive until we figure out how to solve the curse and get you out of this castle."

Seonghwa's eyes rested on him and Yeosang fought the urge to scurry away from his sight and hide underneath his soft duvet. The fairie was unsure of how much his eyes were revealing himself as he adjusted the way he seated.

"So," he started, rather flatly, "You will pretend to be my personal guard until we can escape this place?" His throat burned when the only visible change Yeosang could see on the other's face was how blood-curdling the curve of his eyebrow twitched.

"What is it you really want from me?"

The phoenix leaned forward in his seat, his chin in his palm as he rested his elbows down on his knees, "Yeosang, why do you not believe me?"

What?

He felt how the warmth wandered down along his arms the more Prince Seonghwa was staring at him with that pinch of brood. Yeosang did not like it.

"Give me one reason for me to trust you," he said, subconsciously crossing his arms for more protection in his enervated state. Something told him that Seonghwa had another agenda going around behind his acts of kindness. Everything felt wrong. The phoenix had something going on with the demon prince and now he wanted to care for him. They must be plotting something and Yeosang most definitely did not want to be part of it. He had already been tainted with enough dark magic.

Seonghwa was looking at him without moving and the fairie did not understand. The lack of an immediate answer was enough for him to believe his own comprehension of the situation could only be true.

"Right." Yeosang's throat tightened, "There are none."

It seemed to do the trick, as dread suddenly crossed the other prince's features like he was grasping his last straw. And yet, he spent his chance by voicing that.

"You remember that night."

His breath got stuck in his throat - everything around him darkening as his heart thrummed in his reddening ears. Yeosang stuttered, his arms tightening around himself as he looked angrily at Seonghwa's creased brows.

"Don't," the fairie said, not wanting the memories to flood back. The touches. His seething skin.

Seonghwa's mouth on him.

His eyes wavered down to the floor before he pulled the chair a little closer and Yeosang lost the hold of his own breath.

Prince Seonghwa leaned forward, a flat hand landing on the mattress before he lifted his head to Yeosang again, "I need to hear it from you. I need to know.."

He was full of so much desperation that it made the fairie bleed with embarrassment.

"You must not understand how important it is for me to keep this from nestling in my head," Yeosang breathed and quickly found his hands clamping around the pillows behind his back, "But I do."