Chapter Seventeen: Isolation

Unedited chapter again sorry :'(

A few of you have been wondering how Rucas is going to happen and don't worry, it will happen but you just have to wait and see! This IS a Rucas fanfiction after all ;)

Thank you for all the love and support! Here's another chapter focused around Lucas's time in the prison.

--

"Next! Hurry up and keep moving back there!" commanded the cook as Lucas stood in front of him to be served. The cook narrowed his eyes at him.

"I've never see you before here...New are ye'?" he grinned, showing a set of nasty rotten teeth which made Lucas slightly squeamish.

"Yes."

He laughed and scooped up what looked like grey blob onto his bowl.

"Here ye' go. Bon appetite." he gestured to his tray and cackled as Lucas walked away feeling even more nauseous than when he saw the cook's teeth.

Jeremiah waved to him at a table full of muscular boys. Lucas had no choice but to sit there.

Binns sat on the other side of Jeremiah, glaring at his bowl. All the other boys around the table ignore them and a few began to throw splatters of the grey blob at each other.

Jeremiah licked his lips and began stuffing his face with the grey blob...except, he didn't use the utensils given: he used his hands. He was smothering the food all over his mouth and Lucas look at him, clearly disgusted. Binns noticed this and just glanced at Lucas dully.

"He's a little...You know." he did a twirling motion with his index finger beside his temple.

"How do you even eat this stuff? It looks like someone took a dump on it!" said Lucas exasperatedly.

"You'll get used to it. Hey, it's better than eating centipedes let me tell you that."

Binns began to dig into his food while Lucas cast his mind back to those days when he was with Riley. He recalled eating in Svorski's bakery, sharing a croissant between each other. She would get little crumbs on her mouth and he'd wipe it away for her.

Suddenly, Binns snapped his fingers in front of Lucas; disturbing all happy thoughts of him and Riley's time together.

"You gonna eat now?

Lucas took a spoon out of his food, took one last disgusted look at it, and swallowed it whole. Instantly, he felt like throwing up. It was just like eating a stickier, colder and gooey version of porridge except it tasted like barf...Which was what Lucas exactly wanted to do at that moment. He forced himself to gulp it all down, covering him mouth to prevent it from coming out.

Jeremiah was watching him, an amused look on his face while Lucas's stomach squirmed with disapproval. All he wanted to do right now was go to a bathroom and throw up not only the food, but his internal organs as well.

"Hey, hey, hey! Not bad sport!" Jeremiah laughed. His eyes were bloodshot, he picked up his bowl and began to lick it clean, not diverting his eyes away from Lucas the whole time. This kid was messed up in the head. Looking up, his eyes caught Binns's bowl, "You gonna clean that?" he asked, referring to the bits of glob around his bowl. Binns was about to reply however, Jeremiah snatched the bowl and licked it clean as well before he could say anything.Lucas, deciding to change the topic, spoke up.

"What kind of name is 'Binns' anyways?"

Yet again, Binns was about to reply with a cold expression on his face when Jeremiah spoke instead.

"His real name is Bonnie!" he laughed aloud, burping in the middle. Lucas nor Binns neither found that amusing though. In fact, Binns was the one to react more viciously than you would expect.

"Don't ever call me that." he snarled, saying each word carefully.

"Aw why not?" cooed Jeremiah. Obviously Binns's real name was a sensitive topic.

"Just don't-!"

"Hey remember that time one of the prison guards referred to you as Bonnie?"

"Shut...up..."

"Jackson...I swear I'm going to beat you the crap up."

Everything happened so quickly after that, as if someone had sped up time.

Ignoring him, Jeremiah jumped up, he stood on top of his chair and screamed at the top of his voice:

"Hey everyone! Binns's real name is Bonnie-!"

Binns launched at him, knocking Jeremiah off his chair to prevent further humiliation. Luckily for him, no one seemed to hear what Jeremiah had said although they were now all crowding around, watching the fight. Lucas got up and pushed his way into the circle that was forming around the two. The battle was heated. Binns had straddled Jeremiah, punching him over and over again till his nose bled- though despite the pain, Jeremiah continued to laugh.

Lucas didn't know what came over him, he didn't even know Binns or Jeremiah, he'd only been with them for a few hours and he knew in his mind that this wasn't a situation he should be getting involved in yet, he still did it. It was just like that time he had to kill off his dad. He ran forwards and shoved Binns off Jeremiah. He threw an uppercut punch at Binns, knocking his head back.

"Get off him!" roared Lucas, holding him by the collar. Binns was stronger than him though, he twisted out of Lucas's grasp and pushed him onto the ground, raking his fingernails into his face; cutting a deep wound into his flesh. Lucas yelled in pain though it was pointless as the crowd's cheers drowned his voice.

After a split second of more agonizing pain, he felt Binns' weight lifted off him. he caught a glimpse of Binns being tased by a guard before a guard appeared beside him, throwing a bag over his head until he was left in darkness then knocking him out with a hard blow to the head.

***

Under his arm was the feeling of a hard and icy metal floor. His eyes slowly opened to reveal a dark room where the only source of light came through the small glass pane on the door. He couldn't sense anyone else in the room and came to the conclusion that he was alone. How long he had been out for he had no idea.

A sudden set of footsteps echoed outside his cell and he was very aware of them slowing down as they approached the outside of his door. He forced himself up, his head throbbed with pain and his vision went blurry for a second. The footsteps stopped and a shadowy figure blocked the light coming through the glass as they halted in front of it. Whoever it was could be heard fiddling with some keys and unlocking the door. It swung open, giving way to the outline of another prison guard. It was hard to distinguish what they looked like with their body covering the light from outside.

"You have a visitor" announced a deep voice. He stepped back, allowing someone else to take his spot in front of the blazing light who was most likely standing around the corner of the door.

Lucas's jaw dropped to the floor. He didn't have any trouble distinguishing who this person was.

She was shorter than him and had long brown hair.

"Hello Lucas." she said sweetly.
----------
OH a cliffhanger! I hope this chapter wasn't too boring! I know that I said on my message board that I was unlikely to update the story for a few days but I couldn't help it! Plus i'm feeling much happier now :)

But guys...CAN YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT? THIS STORY HAS ALMOST 10 FREAKING THOUSAND READS. THAT IS JUST AHSHSLSKAKKA I HAVE NO WORDS! Thank you to EVERYONE who has supported me by reading, voting or commenting! It means so much to me you don't understand! I'm literally speechless.

So how about we set a goal? Can we get 10K likes by the end of next friday (June 5th 2015)? If we can then we HAVE to celebrate.

Therefore for this chapter....

*10+ COMMENTS SUGGESTING SOME WAYS TO CELEBRATE 10K READS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER?*

Thank you all so much again. Xoxoxoxoxooxo love love love and kisses everywhere!