Chapter Five: The Imagine Mosaic

"Lucas..." Riley said softly and ran to give him a hug around the neck. He shook for a second, as if her touch made him flinch but to her surprise, he hugged her back.

"I've missed you." he murmured into her ear.

"Me too..."

They let go of each other, Riley was grinning from ear to ear while Lucas gave her a tiny smile.

"Let's go for a stroll, shall we?"

Lucas stoke out his hand for her and she took it without hesitation.

Both of them walked around the park, slowly, without saying a single word except for the occasional "Look, over there." from Lucas. Central Park looked majestic on that day, the sun was shining brightly overhead, making the water from the lakes twinkle. As Riley walked under the tall trees with him, she felt like nothing could go wrong and for a few minutes, it felt like it was just him and her. It was a beautiful moment.

They walked for what was probably about two hours, covering at least half of the park and finally circling back to the Imagine Mosaic. Lucas gestured for her to take a seat on a bench and she obliged. Both of them sat there in silence, Riley stared at the Imagine Mosaic for about a minute before she spoke.

"Why did you bring me here? Especially to a specific place such as this?" she asked, turning her head and looking up at his face. Riley noticed that his usually glinting green eyes were filled with sorrow and pain which she furrowed her eyebrows slightly in worry.

"When my mom was depressed, when she was young, she would always come here and sing the song to herself." he said without looking at her. He cleared his throat slightly and began to sing a line:

"Imagine all the people,

Living life in peace..."

He stopped when he realized Riley was looking at him.

"So why didn't you come to the bakery that day?"

Lucas glanced back at her.

"I was late, something held me back and when I found out I wouldn't be able to talk to you for too long, I ran to the bakery, hoping to at least get a few minutes to speak with you but when I went in, I saw Maya and Farkle talking to you so I left that note for you on the stairs."

"Why didn't you just go in anyways? They're your friends as well."

"I only wanted to speak with you, Riley. You're the closest to me out of all of them."

Riley looked back at the mosaic, taking in all the information. It didn't satisfy her burning eagerness enough. As if Lucas read her mind, he spoke.

"I'm guessing you just want to know what's been going on with me, don't you?"

Riley pursed her lips and turned her attention back to him once again.

"Yeah...Please, Lucas. Tell me what's going on."

Lucas sighed and shook his head a tiny bit.

"I'm sorry but I can't right now. You have to understand that-" he took a deep, shaky breath, "-I'm in a very difficult position right now. I'm not ready to tell anyone yet as much as I want to."

Riley began to cry, she took Lucas's hands in her own and grasped them tightly.

"I understand. I'm sorry for annoying you like that. I should've caught on."

"No, don't apologize. I'm the one who scared you guys like that. If I were you, I would've gotten really eager to know what's going on."

Riley sobbed even more and she put her head on his shoulder.

"Please don't cry. I hate to see a princess cry."

She wiped off the tears from her face. Lucas stood up, bringing Riley to her feet with him.

"It's getting late, you should go." he said. Riley nodded, it was almost six in the evening and the sun was sinking down behind the tall buildings ahead.

"Where are you gonna go?" asked Riley, her breath now a bit more steadier.

"Somewhere. I can't tell you that either."

Lucas raised her hands towards his face and kissed them.

"Promise me you won't follow me and look for me again? I'll contact you when I'm ready."

Riley nodded again and she pulled her hands out of his grasp. She was about to turn around when a question sparked in her head.

"Wait. If you weren't going to tell me what's been going on with you, why exactly did you bring me here? You said you were going to tell me some stuff."

Lucas looked down at her guiltily.

"I invited you here only because I wanted to see you."

He nervously pecked her on the cheek, taking her by shock, and started walking deeper into the park. Riley stared at him with butterflies in her stomach and didn't start walking the other way until he was out of her sight.

—————

Hi again! I know I didn't get 4+ comments on the last chapter but that's ok :) I just really really wanted to upload this asldkajsjdoasdoib! SO MUCH RUCAS HERE ARGH! I'm not going to do the QOTCS anymore because I can't be bothered but please do leave some comments!

If you didn't see my status update, basically I'm thinking of changing my username to "girlmeets(x)aldc" or something else so I'm not so focused on just dance moms. Tell me what you think! And FYI, all chapters from now on won't be proof read because I'm sooo lazy sorry! XD BTW, I found a Rucas video yesterday and I wanted to share it because it's sooo cute so go ahead and watch it above! I don't know if you'll be able to see it if you're on a phone so if you can't then go on youtube and search: "Lucas and Riley - A Thousand Years" and click on the video by Sam Cat! :)

*3+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!*