Chapter Three: A Horse, a Prince and a Princess

The next day, Riley prepared herself at six pm for the meetup with Lucas, she was extremely nervous; one, for not telling her parents or friends about this, and two, for meeting up with him especially after the fiasco that happened in school, she wasn't fully convinced the meeting would go well.

Riley's phone buzzed and she looked at the screen:

maya H: Hey, want 2 meet up now??

Riley gulped.

rileyy :): sry, i can't, i have 2 help my mom with housework

maya H: O, ok then. Do u want me 2 come help?

Riley started to panic.

rileyy :): nono it's ok! we've got this :)

maya H: Ok.

rileyy :): i have 2 go now, ttyl <3

maya H: Bye <3

***

Riley walked down the busy streets, watching the sun sink down behind the buildings in the horizon. The street lights flickered on as she walked, casting bright spots of light in front of her. She walked down the stairs which led to Svorski's bakery and entered. The bell over the doorway chimed as soon as the door opened and Mrs.Svorski beamed at her behind the counter.

"All alone today?" she asked. Riley shook her head and smiled back.

"No, I'm actually meeting someone."

"Well do you see them?"

Riley searched around the tables and her stomach fell in disappointment.

"No." she shook her head and made her way to an empty table. Was she that early? Or was he just late?

Don't worry, he'll show up, though Riley.

However, she wasn't so sure of that five minutes later. Riley began to send several messages to Lucas which he never replied to:

rileyy :): where are u?

rileyy :): i've been waiting for 5 mins

rileyy :): are u even coming??

She continued to stare at her phone. Riley heard the bell at the doorway chime again but didn't look up since she knew it wouldn't be him-

"Riley."

Riley perked up, and to her surprise, it wasn't Lucas.

It was Maya, with Farkle by her side.

"What are you guys doing here?" asked Riley with a hint of anger that they have been following her.

"We could ask the same thing. I knew you were lying to me! You'd never refuse help from me. I was following you here but then lost you and then I found Farkle who said he saw you around the streets so we looked around and finally found you here." she explained.

Riley glared at them, ignoring another sound of the bell.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" she exclaimed. Maya laughed sarcastically.

"Look who's talking! The person who's constantly trying to find out the mystery of Ranger Rick."

Riley sat there, astounded. She had no words, she was simply too enraged with her.

"Fine, you're right, but I have my reasons for coming here which you definitely do not need to know!"

Riley stormed out, shoving hard against Farkle's shoulder as she headed for the door. She thrust the door open with all her strength and was about to start climbing up the stairs leading back to the pavements when she saw something sitting on the side of the first step which she didn't notice before when coming here.

Riley bent over and picked it up to examine it closer. It was a toy figure of a prince and a princess on top of a horse, the princess had her arms around the prince's waist and the side of her head against his back. She moved her fingers around to the other side of the figure and felt a piece of paper, Riley turned it around and saw a small folded up piece of paper stuck to the side of the horse. Her heart started to beat as she opened it up and read it in her head:

"Sorry for not showing up. Meet me at the Imagine Mosiac within Central Park on Sunday at 4 PM sharp. Like the last time, don't tell anyone about this. Oh and make sure you're careful. I will explain some things there. Hope to see you soon Riley, try not to blame them too much."

—————

So I was being a bad student in science (like always) and decided to write up this chapter on a piece of paper whilst the teacher was talking so I could post more! Btw, thank you soosososososo much for the nice and supportive comments everyone! I'm so glad you're enjoying my story, this is probably the first fanfiction/story I've ever written that's gotten so many views and votes in such a little time! I'm very thankful :)

QOTC:

1) Should Maya and Farkle have followed her to the bakery?

2) Do you think Lucas saw what happened? How do you know?

*3+ votes AND comments answering the questions above for a new chapter!*

ALSO, I'm sure you're all kinda annoyed with these QOTCs but it's just so I can see what you guys think of the story and what you've gotten from it. I just want to say this now that your comments really help! Although they're just Q&As it helps me become a better writer because I can see if what I'm writing is understandable or not! Oh and I hope you got some of the GMW references in this chapter ;) comment below if you did! hehe