Chapter Fifteen: Lost or Found

"Mister Friar should be sent to prison at once before he does any more harm!" yelled Khlestakov, slamming his fist down on the witness stand. Lucas didn't move, he was too worried about whether or not he was going to be set free. Riley gritted her teeth. Thankfully, Khlestakov didn't call Maya and Farkle up, probably because he was scared another teenager would humiliate him in front of tons of people.

A few people in the jury muttered in agreement...then a few more...and more until about the whole room were making snide comments. Riley was even angrier than before.

Khlestakov chuckled. He gestured with an arm behind him towards the jury and spoke with the rest of his body still facing Lucas.

"Hear that? That, is the sound of people agreeing that you should be sent to prison. And for how long people?" Khlestakov turned his attention to the jury. Waving his arms and mouthing the words "For a lifetime!" to get the jury following him.

"For a lifetime!" roared the jury. Khlestakov snapped his fingers.

"That's correct-!"

The judge slammed his hammer down.

"Order! Khlestakov, this is extremely irrelevant. Sit back down."

Khlestakov smirked and did as he was told.

"Do you have anything to say, Angelina?" asked the judge. Angelina cleared her throat and stood up. Her back was straight and she had her head up but no matter how confident she tried to look, she couldn't stop her fingers from trembling as they held on to a piece of paper.

"I-I refuse to back down. You have to understand Lucas's position, he probably had no idea what he was doing during that time, he is only around thirteen after all."

Khlestakov crossed a leg over the other and folded his arms across his chest.

"That is no excuse. Just give up Angelina, you're too much of a carefree person to win this case. You're completely naive."

Riley had to stop from gasping in shock. Never before had she heard of such an arrogant lawyer before, it disgusted her.

Angelina was furious, she was gripping the piece of paper tightly between her fingers.

A loud bang emitted from the judge's stand before any other words could be spoken.

"Enough! Khlestakov, please remain on topic and stop offending the defense attorney."

He shrugged and looked towards the window on the side of the room. The judge sighed.

"Do you have anything else to say Angelina?"

She didn't speak. She was trembling like crazy and Riley felt extremely bad for her. Khlestakov had no right to act like that.

The judge waited a few more seconds before nodding.

"Very well, we have nothing much else to say since this case is very closed. Let's end this by having a vote. Who is for Lucas?"

Riley, Maya and Farkle raised their hands up in the air though there was not much point, Riley knew they were the only ones.

"Okay...So obviously the rest of the jury are against Lucas. Therefore," he slammed the hammer once again on the stand, "Lucas Friar is found guilty for the murder of Mister and Misses Friar and will spend the next twenty-five years in juvenile."

Khlestakov snorted with laughter and looked at Angelina who was still struck with anger.

"Oh looks like you wasted your time doing that extra research huh? Hey, look on the bright side, at least he's sentenced for twenty five years and not a lifetime."

—————

Ohhhh GODDDD LUCAS!

Sorry if this chapter was rushed and short! I really don't know anything about how a court works >.<

On the other hand, please check out my ask book on my account! There, you are welcome to ask questions about ANYTHING! It can be asking for advice, a personal question about me or EVEN ABOUT THIS RUCAS BOOK! Please go comment some questions on that book! All questions will be anonymous! Just look in the description and the intro for more info!

Well, until next time!

*10+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEW CHAPTER!*