Chapter Thirteen: Dazed

To say Maya and Farkle were astounded was an understatement. There were no words to describe how they felt towards Lucas's story. But luckily for them, the guard standing behind Lucas interrupted the stunned silence.

"Your time is up." he growled. Lucas hung the phone back up and followed the guard back into the prison area while Maya and Farkle exited the room.

***

They had spent another half an hour, finding out more about what was going to happen to Lucas now. Currently, they were sat on the balcony of Riley's house secretly, telling her every bit of information they knew, leaving out no details. Riley found that she had no reason not to believe it. She sat by the balcony, the whole event of what Lucas experienced playing in her head on a loop.

"Riley? Riley."

When she realized Maya was calling for her attention, she was snapped out of her trance.

"Sorry, I'm just...shocked." she responded. Maya sighed, crawling into the room with Farkle following. Maya pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry. We're going to help him as much as we can."

Riley felt a burning urge inside her chest, she wanted to see him so badly.

"His trial is in a few days. We're invited to go." said Farkle. Both girls pulled out of their hug, Riley feeling quite dazed.

"I'm going to tell my mom." she said suddenly. Riley went out of her room, finding the house phone and punching in the numbers to her mom's phone. Almost immediately, the phone was picked up on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Mom, it's me, Riley."

"Hi honey, sorry I really can't talk right n-"

"Lucas has his trial in a few days and me and my friends have to go."

There was a few seconds of silence. She heard her mom bring the phone away from her ear and speak to someone in the background.

"Sorry, I really have to take this." her mom returned, "Riley, we talked about this with your father remember? You are not getting involved any further with this case."

"Mom! This is my friend we're talking about! I am going to the trial!"Riley scowled through gritted teeth.

"Do not speak to me with that tone. I'm doing this to protect you-"

"From what? From humiliating myself? I'm pretty sure if you were me and Lucas was dad, you'd go."

"Ri-" her mom stopped speaking. Riley knew she was having a hard time arguing with that point.

"Fine. But if something goes wrong, don't say we didn't warn you. What time is the trail held at?"

"Around ten-ish?"

"Okay, good. I'll drive you and your friends there.

"Thanks mom." Riley was about to hang up when her mom quickly said something.

"Oh and Riley, I hope you have enough information to back him up. I am not going to get involved and help you in this."

——-

Sorry for the extremely short chapter! I really don't know what much to write plus I'm in school right now writing this :/ Maybe pop some ideas below so I can update faster? Thanks for 100+ comments btw! <3 Oh and do you guys like the story cover I created?! I was finally bothered to make one :P

*8+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!*