Chapter Six: Police

A month passed by since Riley met up with Lucas in Central Park. During those few weeks in between, Riley, Maya and Farkle managed to patch up their relationship. Riley had told them a few things, about how she had been meeting up with Lucas in secret because he asked her not to tell anyone, and nothing else. Besides that, she hadn't heard from Lucas and sent him any texts. She knew he'd want her to focus on her life instead of worrying about him.

"I wonder where he is now, and what he's doing." Farkle said. It was another Friday afternoon and they were all sat in Riley's room.

"Probably recovering from whatever caused him to be like this." Riley guessed. Maya was eating a bowl of chips by the window, looking outside and down into the streets.

Riley looked at her phone once again. Ever since that moment in the park, she had been checking her phone almost every minute, wondering if he had sent her any messages she wasn't aware of.

There was a crackle of a speaker coming from the front door. Riley stood up to see what it was and saw that someone was trying to call them through the lobby machine. She pressed the button and held it to speak to whoever it was.

"Who is it?" she asked.

"We're from the state's police station, we would like to ask a few questions please if you would allow us to come up." said a deep voice. Riley looked at the speaker in puzzlement. Cory Matthews came up behind her and held the button to speak this time. He must have heard all of that from his room.

"What is this about?"

"May we come up?" the policeman ignored Riley's dad's previous question.

"Uh, yeah, sure!" 

Another crackle of the speaker signaled that the policeman had disconnected themselves from the machine.

"You stay with your friends in your room, I'll handle this." Riley's dad commanded.

"Okay."

Riley went back into her bedroom, closing and locking the door behind her.

"What's wrong?" asked Farkle.

Riley told them what had happened.

"I wonder what they're here for, we haven't done anything wrong that's for sure!" he said worriedly after she had finished.

"They probably got the wrong address." Maya guessed.

But she was wrong.

A few seconds after she said that, there was a knock on the bedroom door and Riley opened it to reveal her dad who looked coldly at them.

"They want to see you outside. All of you."

Riley shot her friends an apprehensive glance and the three of them walked outside slowly with their heads down, dreading what the police would say to them and what exactly they wanted with a bunch of innocent teens.

"Please take a seat." said a policeman as soon as they entered the dining room.

All three of them sat together on the opposite side of the table from the policeman who was accompanied by a policewoman.

"Can we please know what this is about?" Maya asked with a hint of anger.

"Hey, calm down miss." the policewoman retorted who obviously sensed Maya's tone, "We're just here to ask you a few questions about Lucas."

Riley sat up straight and her eyes widened.

"Why? What about him? Has he done anything wrong?" she rushed anxiously.

"We are not allowed to say due to confidential reasons. We would just like to ask you some personal questions about him since you are all his close friends."

"But...I don't understand-"

"Miss, please do not ask any further questions. We have been instructed to keep this private on behalf of Lucas himself and his family."

Riley leaned back into her seat in defeat. There were so many emotions crowding around her head right now: confusion, worry, surprise you name it.

"We would like to speak to you one at a time. We'll start with you first." the policeman gestured to Riley, "I would like to ask the rest of you to please step out of the room. We will call the rest of you in when it's time."

—————

Ooh what's going to happen?! NO IDEA! Sorry for this short chapter but I rushed it a lot since I don't have much time to update!

GUYS, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK U ALL SOOOO MUCH FOR 1K+ READS AND 100+ VOTES! WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS SO SHOCKED I GASPED SO LOUD! It's incredibly unbelievable! Never before have I had this much views! So thank u so much for all ur supportive comments so far! i really love updating this story because i love making u guys happy :) so thank u!

*3+ COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!*