Meant to meet

"Let me explain, mi vida, please" he said trying not to cry.

His eyes were watering and I was crying just like before.

"There...there is nothing to explain" I tried to say.

I felt Pedri get close to me and he grabbed my face gently so I could look at him. I immediately removed his hands rudely and stepped back.

"Don't you dare touch me" I yelled.

My pain was transforming into anger. Pedri looked destroyed but I didn't care. I didn't care anymore.

"Sarah, please, I...I didn't mean to" he said while crying.

I never saw Pedri like this before. I turned my face away from him while he was still talking and I continued putting clothes in my bag.

"I love you, he yelled while trying to stop me from what I was doing."

"Love" I yelled. "Love? What is love for you, Pedri? Lying to me for months, for almost a year" I yelled. "This is not love, this is nothing."

Tears were dropping from his eyes and mine too. He put his hand on his forehead and started panicking.

"You...you can't leave me, Sarah. We...we are married" Pedri said with a shaky voice.

I closed my bag while he was trying to stop me and I yelled:

"Oh I can leave this marriage since nothing was real. It was only papers that we both signed to not lose our jobs but you don't have to worry about that since I resigned a long time ago."

"So...so nothing was real. Our love, it was all fake?" Pedri asked me while still panicking.

"You answer me!" I yelled while pushing him away from me. "I can tell you that our marriage wasn't real. It was only on paper."

I grabbed my bag and tried to leave the room but Pedri blocked the entry. I tried to push him again but he was stronger than me. I couldn't push him more. I just started crying and he wrapped his arms around me and whispered:

"I am so sorry. Please don't do this to me. I love you too much for that. We can work this out."

I pushed him away and when I did, he looked me in the eyes and I slapped him. My hand... I couldn't control the anger but slapped Pedri. He turned his face away from me and was denying what just happened. I looked at my hand also in denial of what I just did. I would have never touched Pedri in my life but I just did. We stayed in silence for a few seconds.

"So, that's how much I hurt you?" he asked me without even looking into my eyes.

"You told a random girl about my deepest secret."

"She was my girlfriend!" Pedri yelled.

"And I am your wife!"

He looked into my eyes still in denial. That's it. I lost Pedri and he lost me. We looked at each other for a good minute in silence. I wished none of that happened. I wish I could kiss him right now and go back to the way it always has been between us.

"You promised to never hurt me" I said.

"And you promised to never leave me" he said.

We both looked into each other's eyes. We were still so in love but our love turned into a dark world.

"I guess we are both liars" I said.

Pedri didn't remove his eyes from mine until I left the room. The silence was loud. The tears meant everything. I ran downstairs and heard Pedri tell himself no each time I was getting far from him.