Healing

I walked to the drawer where I last left the ring that Pedri gave me before we left for the World Cup. I put it on my finger and went and sat next to him on the bed.

"Look" I said while showing him my hand with the ring on it.

His eyes met the ring and then he looked at me.

"What do you want?" Pedri coldly asked me.

"You are going to get up and work on yourself. Get better. We are getting married in a few weeks. We are moving in together in our first house. That's what I want. I want you to be okay. I can't see you like this. This f- World Cup won't ruin our future okay?" I started yelling.

He looked at me in a confused way and then turned to the opposite side so I couldn't see his face.

"Pedri González, please" I yelled.

He looked back at me and I resumed:

"Look at me, please. Don't hurt me like this. I love you."

He replaced himself in a sitting position on his bed and I got closer to him. I could see in his eyes the pain.

"I am so sorry" he said in a tired voice.

My heart broke. I got closer to him while he was looking deeply into my eyes and I pressed my lips hard to his. Really really hard. I wanted to remove this pain from his chest. From his heart. He continued kissing me and I wrapped my arms around his neck while getting closer. I was now sitting in his lap and my legs were wrapped around him. I then hugged him tightly and smelled the amazing odour that I love so much.

"I love you so much mi amor. You are my everything. I can't see you in pain. I can't breathe when you are hurting. I don't care if you kick me out 100 times but I want you to be okay."

A tear dropped from my eyes. Pedri was tearing up so I hugged him even more.

"I am so sorry. I love you, Sarah. I love you so much."

I nodded and kissed his head. I knew Pedri was not going to get better immediately but at least I wanted him to try too.

"Do you still want to marry me, mi vida?" he asked me while whispering in my ear.

"Is that even a question?" I said while looking into his eyes.

I saw a small smile form.

"I will always want to marry you, okay? You are mine Pedri. Only mine."

"Thank you. Thank you for forgiving me."

I caressed his cheeks with my thumbs and added:

"I will do my best to heal your wounds and help you get better. I will always protect you, mi amor. Always."

This time he hugged me and buried his head in my neck. I felt his hand placed under my shirt and he was caressing my back. We stayed like this for a while. I couldn't let go of him.

"What do you want to do today babe?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I am still tired" he answered.

"I have an idea. Get dressed first, okay? Wear some shorts with a t-shirt."

He nodded and I got off of him so he could move. I went back downstairs while Pedri was getting ready. Gavi was watching TV and checking his phone in the living room.

"Hey Pablo, I am leaving with Pedri."

A smile grew on Gavi's face.

"Wait. Is he out of bed?"

I nodded and his smile grew even bigger.

"That's amazing" he added.

I loved seeing Pablo happy for Pedri. He cared so much about him.