Surprise

It has been now a week since training started for the Spain team in Qatar. Pedri was working hard every day. I could see it in his eyes. Every training session, I go with Pedri and watch him play with the team for a few hours. Most of the player's families are here too, watching with me the team train. I was so proud of my two best friends who were doing their best.

During those training days, I met some famous players when I was walking around the stadium. Pedri, Gavi and I met, together, Kylian Mbappé. Pedri was really happy to meet him and so did I. Gavi was stunned and glad to have met this amazing player. We talked to him and other players of the France team for a few minutes. One day, Messi came and said hi to the boys and Mbappé. At that moment, I was a little bit left out since Messi didn't know me. I knew that Pedri and he had played in the same team in the past and he, for sure, had heard of Gavi. Pedri introduced me to him as his love interest and Xavi's relative. Messi's wife was gorgeous and her kids were shy at first but when they got used to us, they got crazier. Another day, from afar, we saw Cristiano Ronaldo with his family. It was unexpected to see him but it was such an amazing feeling. One time I was walking around with Gavi and we both saw Neymar. He didn't really notice us since he was doing his thing. I saw so many other players from different teams. All the players that I met during that training week were the sweetest. I think we usually don't expect that much from soccer players but they are amazing deep inside.

Also, there were cameras everywhere in the stadiums. One time I was walking to go to the bathroom and five different men stop in front of me to ask me questions I don't even have the answer to. They wanted to know everything about the World Cup and the training sessions. 

Pedri managed to not fight Ferran every time he had the opportunity to. Both of the boys were always watched closely by the coaches. Death stares were given by both of them to each other. I felt like Ferran wanted to tell Pedri something but each time he was about to, he looked at me. I never hold eye contact with Ferran because if I did, it could end up worse.

Each day after training, Pedri and I would meet back in his room and talk for hours about our day. Even if we were near each other all day, we had to update each other about everything that happened in detail. It was truly my favorite part of the day. Coming back to his room and sitting close to him. I always missed him so much every day. During his training, when he had a small break, he would hop over the fence that separated us and come kiss me. I loved him so much. He always made my day better. Just by looking at me. It was enough. His smile was always contagious and his laugh even more.

Today we had again a team dinner around 6 pm. It had been already a week since the last one and today was going to be the last before the World Cup starts for us. The Spain team wasn't going to play tomorrow. They gave the players a rest day. The first game is going to be against Costa Rica. The team had to qualify for the Round of 16 so they had to win as many games as they could to have enough points to go to the higher stage.

I prepared myself for the dinner tonight while Pedri was with Gavi and the other players in Gavi's room. I wore a red dress, did my hair in a pretty bun and put on some makeup. When Pedri arrived back in his room, the first thing he did was run to me. He was so excited to see me. When he did, he stopped and took a deep breath.

"Mi amor, how can someone be so pretty? You are gorgeous mi vida" he said.

I blushed. It was so sweet of him.

"It's nothing Pedri. Thank you for the compliment mi vida."

He came close to me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"If you are going to blush like this each time I will tell you a compliment, then I will never stop telling you some" Pedri said.

I laughed and he had the cutest smile ever. I just stopped for a second to laugh and looked into his eyes. This boy was mine. How is it even possible? How can someone get that lucky in life? Love is such a privilege.