vi. high inquisitor

WORD COUNT: [2089]

WORD COUNT: [2089]

————

"Good morning, class!" Trelawney's bright and cheery voice sang as she walked into the classroom ready to teach Divination. She walked over to a stack of 'The Dream Oracle' books and held them in her arms before she walked to each table and handed them out. Lorraine and Ron sat beside each other, ready for whatever pair work she wanted them to do. Hermione and Harry only whispered quietly and glanced at them every now and then.

The noise level was high as the class talked animatedly to each other about all sorts of things. Lorraine and Ron, and Harry and Hermione, were the only ones whispering.

"I know you probably don't want me to ask, but...how are you feeling?" Ron whispered to Lorraine, looking at her with a concerned gaze.

"I'm alright, Ron," she whispered back. "Thank you. I don't know what came over me."

"You know...I don't believe that you would be on Voldemort's side. That you're using us or something outlandish like that. Percy's just a right old git."

Lorraine wanted to cry right then and there. She wanted to curl into a ball in the deepest, darkest corner on Earth, and never return to civilisation. Ever.

She was an awful human being for leading Ron on like she was. She could only hope that he'd never find out, which was a pipe dream when there was a bloody tattoo signifying her allegiance on her left arm.

"Bloody hell," Ron muttered, glaring at the trapdoor as Umbridge emerged from it. The noise ceased and everyone seemed to freeze.

"Good afternoon, Professor Trelawney," Umbridge greeted with her sickly sweet smile. "You received my note, I trust? Giving the time and date of your inspection?"

Professor Trelawney only nodded curtly. "We shall be continuing our study of prophetic dreams today. Divide into pairs, please, and interpret each other's latest night-time visions with the aid of the Oracle."

Lorraine expected the work to be done in pairs and hummed as she opened her dream diary along with The Dream Oracle. Ron widened his eyes as he looked at her filled-to-the-brim dream diary.

"Merlin's Beard...you actually do the work?" he muttered, to which she snickered and nodded.

"Yes, although they have been rather...dark recently," she answered, referring to her diary entries, which had accompanying drawings that assisted her with making sense of them. The most recent entry had a drawing of her own dead body, which caused Ron to shift in his seat as he looked at it.

"You...dreamt of your death?"

"I'm not bothered by it," she brushed it off. "It's not like I have prophetic dreams."

"Yeah..."

The rest of the classroom went awfully, with Umbridge demanding a prophecy from Trelawney and leaving before Trelawney read out Harry's dreams, telling him that every single one foretold an early death.