ii. a barbarian's sport

WORD COUNT: [2308]

WORD COUNT: [2308]

————

"You're ridiculous," Lorraine said with a roll of her eyes. Draco stood across from her with a scowl on his face that only pissed the girl off further.

"I'll have you know that it's a very well-known tournament," he spat at her, crossing his arms like a petulant child.

"What? Quidditch? It's a barbarian's sport, that's what it is," she replied as if it were obvious. Their parents were still getting ready for the 422nd Quidditch World Cup while Draco and Lorraine were ready ages ago. Draco, of course, was over the moon about the event, which led to him forcing her to get ready also.

He neglected to mention that he had awoken her hours before they were to leave.

Lorraine was glad, at least, that Draco didn't force her to dress up in green or burgundy to support one of the competing teams. She couldn't be bothered to recall what each team was, only that she would've looked horrible in either of the two colours. With all of the boy's excitement, she imagined him sporting one of the two colours, but he settled on black just as he always wore in his miserable home. 

She settled on a favourite dress of hers which was a stunning purple and flowed down to the floor. She may have been thirteen turning fourteen in less than one month, but she understood the importance of appearance when in the public. In fact, her mother had ensured that she took lessons on it from the moment she could walk and talk. All she ever received during Christmas and her birthday were countless dresses from her parents, but she wasn't opposed to the gifts at all considering that they were all stunning.

"Ah, my darling foxglove," her father said delightfully as he approached both her and Draco with his arm linked with her mother. She, too, was wearing a dress while her father was wearing dress robes. If anyone saw them they would've thought they were going out for a formal dinner.

Not a Quidditch game.

"Must I go?" Lorraine said with a frustrated sigh. She smoothed out her dress with her hands to try and stop herself from picking at her fingernails or skin. If her mother saw, she would never forgive her.

"Yes, Lorraine. The Minister himself invited us," her mother replied with a frown before she reached out her hand for Lorraine to take. The girl let out one final sigh before she took her mother's hand and they apparated to the venue for the World Cup.

The surroundings Lorraine was met with were less than ideal, but she bit her tongue to prevent herself from spouting insults that would've angered her parents. She walked through the stadium with her hands clasped behind her back as she watched the thousands of people around her act like apes. A scowl grew on her face at their animalistic behaviour while Draco seemed unaffected by the sights around him. When she glanced at her parents and saw their horrified looks, she relaxed at the knowledge that she wasn't the only one horrified by their behaviour.