xi. dance practice

WORD COUNT: [2029]

WORD COUNT: [2029]

————

"Morning," Lorraine hummed as she arrived at the Gryffindor table. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all gathered together as per usual. She chose to sit between Harry and Ron, who gave her a warm smile that she returned to the best of her ability. Her sleep had been plagued with nightmares recently and she had settled with just straight up refusing to sleep after she had awoken for the sixth time at two in the morning.

Hermione was aggressively reading a newspaper while Harry attempted to smile at a Ravenclaw girl on the other side of the dining hall, only to spit out his drink in the progress. Lorraine couldn't help but be amused at the sight.

"Look at this! I can't believe it! She's done it again," Hermione exclaimed, slamming her newspaper onto the table and pointing out two articles. Lorraine's eyes widened at the sight of Hermione and Harry when they had hugged along with her and Cedric when they were simply laughing together.

"Merlin's beard," Lorraine cursed, letting out an aggravated sigh as she read the entry dedicated to Cedric and her. Every single word in the article was fake and it pissed her off. How could that cursed woman get away with such disgusting breaches of privacy and acts of defamation?

"Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, which sources report, is none other than the Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow," Hermione snapped out in disbelief. Harry only shrugged and continued eating his breakfast.

"It's disgusting," Lorraine sneered. "And calling you plain? You're anything but!"

"Parcel for you, Mr Weasley," a young Gryffindor boy said, holding a large parcel wrapped in crinkled brown paper.

"Thank you, Nigel," Ron said happily, taking the parcel. He was just about to open it when Hermione pointed out that the boy, Nigel, was staring at Harry expectantly. Ron quickly turned to the boy again and whispered, "Now now, Nigel. Later."

"Care to explain?" Lorraine asked the boy with a raised eyebrow. The boy sighed and shrugged.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph." Hermione only sighed at his words and Lorraine snickered.

"Oh, look! Mum's sent me something," Ron chirped as he opened the parcel, taking out an old dress robe and standing so he could hold it against his chest. "Mum sent me a dress...?"

"Well, it does match your eyes," Harry snickered. "Is there a bonnet?" he added, reaching into the box and taking out just the article of clothing he mentioned, "Aha!"