i. his beloved disciple

WORD COUNT [1506]

WORD COUNT [1506]

————

There was a week left of holidays before Lorraine would be free from the prison that was Malfoy Manor. Voldemort had chosen the Manor as his headquarters for the death eaters, which meant she was surrounded by murderers every second of every day. So far, she had managed to avoid most meetings that were held, but that day—Monday—was one where she could not escape a meeting, for it was specifically for her.

"My dear Lorraine," Voldemort breathed out, arms wide open as she approached him and let him embrace her. "The epitome of beauty. How are you, my dear?"

"I'm well, my Lord. Thank you," she said emotionlessly, leaving his embrace to sit at the chair to the right of Voldemort's. His was, expectedly, the head of the table.

He sat and watched her for a moment before he explained himself to her. "As you know, your task is to report back to me about Harry Potter's plans this year," he began. "You are also to assist Draco as we have plans for him to be officially added to our ranks in August of next year."

Lorraine expected it. She knew her friend would be burdened with the mark eventually, but it felt all too surreal hearing it from Voldemort's mouth. She could only nod.

"Your parents are not as observant as you...not as perfect for this task. Not as perfect as you are for me. I know that you'll be able to maintain weekly updates on both Potter and Draco. And I know that you have a plan that will put them to shame. Getting close to that Weasley boy is smart, my dear. I see it succeeding without an issue."

Lorraine forced a smile, wondering how on Earth the Dark Lord had more faith in her than her own parents. "Thank you, my Lord."

"Lorraine!" Draco called, peering into the dining room where she was with Voldemort. In his hands were two letters with Hogwarts' wax seal. She stood and tucked her chair in, bowing before Voldemort before leaving the room.

"What is it?" she asked quietly, taking the letter addressed to her. She broke off the wax seal and took the letter out.

"I don't yet," Draco whispered excitedly, tearing his letter open and reading the words quickly. "I'm a prefect!"

Lorraine grinned and hugged her friend before reading her own letter. Her smile widened when she read the words.

Dear Lorraine,

It is with my pleasure that I welcome you to the Hufflepuff prefects! Information will be given on this important role in the prefect carriage, so ensure you're there!