A Gentleman And A Scholar

Midoriya found himself sitting on the corner of the bar; he had the folder with the class 1-A information in his hands. He had spent the last few nights going over everyone in the class, he was surprised when he saw the face of his childhood friend on the pages. While most people would have been worried or having second thoughts, those never reached Midoriya. He knew that guy could handle this and wouldn't have any issue with any of the thugs; honestly, he didn't think any of the students would have issues if they didn't panic. Speaking truthfully, Midoriya knew there were only a handful of truly dangerous people and most of them would be dealing with All Might, the other one's job was to block communication, and Midoriya had no intention of hurting anyone.

No, Midoriya had a different plan, inside of his jacket pocket was a gun with four special bullets ready for their first test run. With the short notice that was all Kai was able to make, but as long as he hit his mark there would be no issues.

As Midoriya leaned in his chair waiting for things to start, Kurogiri walked over to him. It wasn't unusual for him to approach Midoriya, but Midoriya had a feeling that something was off this time.

"Is everything alright?"

"Sorry, but I was curious about what you intend to do with that thing in your pocket? It's not like you to carry one of those around."

Midoriya looked up at him skeptically. "How did you know?"

He softly chuckled as he set a drink down on the table. "I can feel everything that passes through my warps, after moving so many people I've learned to distinguish the shapes of different objects."

Midoriya sighed as he looked at the drink. "That's quite the trick."

"You can never be too careful in this line of business."

Midoriya nodded in agreement. "You're not wrong there. As far as your question goes, I've been asked to test a new product."

Kurogiri's eyes narrowed. "What exactly is it?"

"Unfortunately I can't say anything, but I'm sure that rat will have some information before too long."

Kurogiri nodded. "I see, well if there's nothing else, I should get back to work."

"Actually, I did need to ask you for a favor if you don't mind."

"Does it involve today's raid?"

Midoriya nodded. "Yeah, I know Shigaraki's the leader, but I was hoping you could help me out a little when things go down."

"That depends on what you need."

Midoriya opened the folder and showed him three students. "When you scatter them, send these three to my area."

Kurogiri inspected the forms carefully before nodding. "I don't see why that would cause any problems. I just ask that this plan of yours doesn't compromise the mission."

"It won't, if anything it should make it easier."

"That's good to hear, try not to move too far from where I warp you. If things don't go as planned, we need to retreat quickly and I've been given orders to make sure you're safe."

Midoriya nodded. "Understood."

"Very well."

Kurogiri began to turn around, but before he got too far, Midoriya called out to him one last time and motioned towards his drink.

"Don't worry, it's virgin. I may be a villain but I do have some decency, besides I doubt alcohol would be helpful given your quirk."

Midoriya laughed to himself as the flames on his mask dissipated. He carefully removed the loop around one of his ears as he drank what was in the glass. When it was empty and his mask was fixed, the pure white flames engulfed the mask again.