Ultimatum

Y/n's POV

Oscar and I sprinted out of the Grimm. We had killed it. I was starting to get tired. My ears started to ring, I was short of breath, and my scar was stinging, just like it had back at Haven. I tried to keep up, but couldn't last any longer. I fell to my knees. Oscar noticed that I was falling behind and looked over his shoulder. His eyes widened in horror and he ran over to me, calling my name. He took a knee next to me. "Y/n! Are you okay?" he asked, very distressed. I looked up at him, tears running down my face. "Help." I said. I fainted into his arms.

Oscar's POV

Y/n fell into my arms. "Y/n!" I yelled in desperation. I shook myself out of shock and picked Y/n up. I made a mad dash for the others. I was running faster than I ever had before. I could see the silhouettes of the others. "Guys!" I called out. Zeke glanced over his shoulder. He saw Y/n and stopped everyone else. I was out of breath by the time I reached them. "What happened?" Zeke asked. "I don't know." I said. "We need to keep moving. We'll get her help as soon as we can." Jaune said. I nodded. Yang used her scroll to contact everyone else. "What do we do about her?" I asked, looking over at Emerald.

~~time skip~~

We were navigating through the subway tunnel. Everyone else had basically taken Emerald as a prisoner. We were talking about what to do with her. "You don't have to forgive her. You have every reason to feel that way. Just, maybe, give her a second chance. We've already gotten quite a bit of help today from someone we don't exactly trust right now." I said. "Do you mean Ozpin?" Ren asked. "And Salem." I muttered. "I had a feeling." Ren said. Yang, Jaune, and Zeke all asked if it was true. "I know how you feel, but he saved my life. When we were tortured he took it... so I wouldn't have to. He entrusted me with the cane. That's the massive amount of power he had stored up in it. Y/n did have her own way of adding to it, but the point stands." I said. "So... that's how you did that? Using all of the stored power." Jaune said. "Not all, but, most. We have to be carful with how we use the rest. He trusted my judgment, and it saved us. I want to reciprocate that trust, there's a lot to sort out, but... Oz really wants to help." I said. "Thank you, Oscar." Ozpin said. We all heard something from down the tunnel. We went further down the tunnel and saw hundreds of people, crammed in the station. "All of Atlas is down here." Zeke said. The power flickered. "I've seen what you can do, Emerald. However this fight ends, we could really use someone like you." I said.

~~time skip~~

We had made it to the Schnee estate. Zeke and I approached Weiss. "Weiss, we need to get Y/n to a more safe location." Zeke said. "What exactly do you mean?" Weiss asked. "We need to get her out of Atlas." Zeke said. Weiss nodded. "You can take one of the SDC airships. Klein can take you to the hanger." she said. Zeke nodded. Weiss went and got Klein. He lead us to the hanger. "I can fly you." he said. "Thanks for the offer, but we can manage it." Zeke said. We boarded the airship. I put Y/n down and sat down next to her. Zeke took off. It was a quiet flight until Zeke broke the silence. "I'm just going to drop you guys off at our house." Zeke said. "Okay." I said. "You know, if you want to stay with her, you can take my old room. It's not like I'm ever going back." Zeke said. "Thanks." I said. "My room's upstairs, second door on your right." Zeke said. It was silent for the rest of the trip. We eventually came to a stop and Zeke landed us on the main path. I picked up Y/n again and we walked down the small path that trailed off into a very rural area. I could see a small house in the distance. We walked up to it and Zeke knocked. A cat faunus answered the door. She was shorter than Zeke. "Zeke! Did you come back to stay?" she asked Zeke. "Sorry Mom, but no. We've got bigger problems." Zeke said as he forced the door open farther to reveal me and Y/n. The woman's ears folded back in shock. "Her room is up the stairs, first door on the right." the woman said as she moved so I could come in. I walked in and went up the stairs. I opened the door to Y/n's room and set her on her bed. I took her knifes off her belt and put them on her nightstand. I noticed two picture frames sitting on the nightstand. One had a picture of Y/n and Zeke while the other one was empty. I walked out of Y/n's room, shutting the door behind me, and went to Zeke's room. As I was walking down the hall, something caught my eye. A picture on the wall. It was a family picture. My eyes drifted to the 10 year old boy, then to the little faunus girl, grinning from ear to ear. That had to be Y/n. I smiled and continued down the hall. I opened the door to Zeke's room and walked inside. There was a symbol of a star on the wall. I knew that I had seen that symbol before. I thought for a moment before I realized that it was the same symbol that was patched onto the shoulder of Zeke's jacket. I walked back out of his room and heard Zeke and his mom talking. Zeke heard me and looked at me as I walked down the stairs. "Mom, this is Oscar." Zeke said, gesturing for me to take a seat. I gave a small wave as I sat down. "Hello, Oscar. I'm Manndi. It's nice to meet you!" the woman said. "Nice to meet you, too." I said. The three of us talked until Zeke had to leave. "You look absolutely horrible! You should go clean yourself up. I can wash your coat and shirt." Manndi said. "Thank you." I said. I took off my coat and handed it to her. She got up and I went back up to Y/n's room. I pulled the chair from her desk and moved it next to her bed. I sat down. "You'll make it through this. Just hold on. For me." I said to Y/n. I eventually fell asleep next to her.