As Above, So Below

Y/n's POV

Clover shoved open the door to the dinning room. "General, the Grimm are all over Mantle. The air fleet's doing everything they can, but they can't easily target Grimm in the city without risking casualties." he said. "This... this is what I was afraid would happen." Ironwood said. "Sir, we need ground support now." Clover said. "What we need is to start evacuating Mantle. If it's completely overrun it's not going to be safe anywhere. Use the fleet-" Robin got cut off. "If I use the fleet then Atlas is vulnerable! I... I tried to keep the kingdom safe, and now we're losing everything." Ironwood said. My ears folded back. He was right. We were losing everything. Oscar and I started to walk toward Ironwood. "General? Earlier you asked for our advice." Oscar said. "I wanted their advice." Ironwood said. "And their advice probably would have been keep your secrets. When we first got here you already knew that wasn't the right call. You had a new plan." I said. "It's time to give up on that plan. It's all falling apart." Ironwood said. "The panic you were worried about, it's already happening. The secrets you're keeping, they're about to be in the open anyway. It's time. Tell them the truth." Oscar said. "You're not alone. We can do this together." Ruby said. "Thank you. Oscar, Y/n. I think it's time you get back to the academy." Ironwood said. "I think you're right." I said. "Ms. Hill. Councilman Sleet. Councilwoman Camelo. There are some things you need to know about. Let's figure out how we can help Mantle. Together." Ironwood said. "I've called a transport." Winter said. "What about Watts and Tyrian?" Yang asked. "Leave them to me. Right now you're needed down below." Ironwood said. "Alright everybody. It's time to do our jobs. All of us." Ruby said. "What she said. Let's make it happen Huntsmen!" Clover said. We all ran out of the room and went downstairs. Ruby and Oscar bumped into each other and they exchanged a few words. "Ruby! Transport's leaving!" Marrow said from the door. "I think you're needed elsewhere." I said as Oscar and I started to walk away. "You're sure?" Ruby asked. "Yeah. We've got it." Oscar said. We went back up to the dinning room. "She can't be killed. Gin told you this?" Ironwood asked. "She showed us when we asked what Oz and Salem were hiding." I said. "Why... why would Oz and Salem keep this from us? From the people who trusted them?" Ironwood asked. "They were worried we would lose hope. We're sorry we kept it from you too. We didn't know who to trust. We figured you should know before you make any..." Oscar trailed off. "Sacrifices." I said. It went silent for a moment. "Sir? What're you gonna do?" I asked. "All we can do for the moment, is what we can to save Mantle. That's what's in front of us." Ironwood said. "They'd be proud of you. You're bringing the hope that Atlas was meant to inspire. The city in the sky is held to a higher standard." Oscar said. "You say that like you were there." Ironwood said. He tapped a button on his scroll. "Our transports are here. We should move." Ironwood said. I nodded and Oscar and I stood up. We walked toward the door. "Guys. No more surprises, alright? I'm not sure I could take it." Ironwood said. I smiled. "I'm not sure any of us could." I said.