Worst Case Scenario

Y/n's POV

Ironwood had taken Oscar and I below the school. "It's right behind that door." Ironwood said. "The staff of creation." I said. "I hoped bringing you down here would jog some memories. After all, it was your idea to use the staff to lift Atlas off the ground." Ironwood said. "I thought gravity dust kept Atlas afloat." Oscar said. "That's the public story. But with the staff, we have a constant, seemingly limitless energy source. Oz once speculated we could take this as high as we wanted. To tell you the truth, that served as inspiration for the Aminy project. Get a communications tower up in the sky, higher than the Grimm can survive. So we never lose contact with each other again." Ironwood said. "But, you're not using the staff to raise Animy." I said. "The staff can only for one purpose at a time. We're going to have to do Animy the old fashioned way, dust and all." Ironwood said. "It feels strange. Knowing a part of me helped come up with all this." Oscar said. I simply nodded because I felt the same way. "You'll both get used to it. I'm sure. Eventually, we won't even know who is who anymore." Ironwood said. "Right." I said. All that did was remind me that I had two souls that were slowly merging. Mine and Salem's. "We didn't always see eye to eye. But, I wish I could ask Ozpin and Salem what they thought of all this." Ironwood said. "Well, we can tell you what we think." Oscar said. We started to walk toward Ironwood. "The path you're heading down, where you're the only one with the answers, where you do the thing you think is right, no matter the cost. I can tell you one thing. It's not going to take you anywhere good." I said as we came to a stop next to Ironwood. There was a short moment of silence before Ironwood started to walk off. "We have to stop Cinder. Nothing matters more." Ironwood said. "Some things matter more. I think. Keeping our humanity. It's what makes us different from her." Oscar said. "Sometimes I worry that's our greatest advantage. Without humanity, does she still feel fear? Does she hesitate? When Cinder hit Beacon, I withdrew all of my ships, all of my soldiers. I was no match for her. I've never felt so helpless. The way she told me she was there." Ironwood said. A platform came down from above. "It's okay to be afraid. You just can't let that fear control you." I said. "I am not going to end up like Lionheart. Do you believe in me?" Ironwood asked. "I do believe in you, but, not only you." Oscar said as he walked toward the lift. I followed. "I think the best thing you could do is sit down and talk with the people you're most afraid to." I said as we stepped on the lift. Ironwood chuckled. "Now you are starting to sound like them." Ironwood said as he stepped on the lift. We started to ascend. Winter and Penny were waiting for us. "Winter, what is it?" Ironwood asked as we stepped out of the elevator. Winter held out a letter. Ironwood took it and started to read it. "What's going on?" Oscar asked. "It looks like you're getting your wish." Ironwood said. "My father's first act. We've all been invited to dinner where the General will be defending his seat on the counsel." Winter said. My eyes widened in horror.