So That's How It is

Y/n's POV

"These evils can't be killed. You all heard her too, right?" Yang said. Salem started to cry. "I-" Ozpin started to say. "There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?!" Yang said. Ozpin and Salem looked at her in fear. "Professor. What is your plan to defeat Cinder?" Ruby asked. "I... don't have one." Ozpin said. Qrow sucker punched Ozpin into a tree. Salem narrowly dodged but Qrow grabbed her by her shirt and slammed her into a different tree. "No one warned me. I was cursed. I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in this world. I thought I was finally doing some good." Qrow said. "But you are." Ozpin said. "Meeting you, was the worst luck of my life." Qrow said. "Maybe you're right." Ozpin said. I regained control and Salem was just... gone. Qrow dropped me. "What happened?" Ruby asked. "He's... gone." Oscar said. "Same situation over here." I said. "Those bastards! Tell them we're not done yet!" Yang yelled. "No. This is different. He's gone. It's like he's locked himself deep inside my head. Our head?" Oscar said. Oscar looked like he was going insane. I felt the same way. "I hate this! I want it to stop!" I yelled. "They just left us?" Weiss asked. "What are we going to do now?" Blake asked. "Enough! We need to get a move on. It'll be dark before we know it and every one of you is spewing negativity." Maria said. She helped Oscar up. I got up, but not before losing my balance. I almost fell over but Oscar ran over and grabbed my wrist before I fell over. I smiled at him and he smiled back. "There's a trail over there. Trails usually lead somewhere." Maria said. "Lady, I don't know who you think you are, but-" Yang was cut off. "No buts! I understand that you're upset. Honestly, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that this is humanity's second time around. But, if don't move we die, and I'll be damned if I've lived this long just to die out here in the cold!" Maria said. "She's right. Come on." Ruby said. Everyone else started to move, but Oscar and I stood still. Ruby approached us. She had Oscar's cane and my knifes in her hands. She gave both of us our weapons back. "We're just going to be another one of their lives, aren't we?" I said. "Of course not. You're your own people." Ruby said. "Don't lie to 'em, Ruby. You're better than that." Qrow said as he passed. Oscar and I walked away. I was a little mad. I flipped my knives back on my belt.

~~time skip~~

We had been walking for a while. Oscar and I were lagging behind. I would give him occasional glances, but every time I did, he would glance at me and we'd both blush a little and then look away. "It doesn't look like this is going to let up." Qrow said. "I just want to get this stupid relic to Atlas." Blake said. "Let's hope we don't have to walk there." Weiss said. "I thought trails lead somewhere." Yang said. "Do you have nothing better to do than harass a defenseless old lady?" Maria asked. "Everybody quiet. Do you hear that?" Ruby asked. It sounded like an old gate that was creaking. We approached an old town. "Well, at least one good thing happened today." Blake said. "It looks abandoned." Weiss said. "Still better than this." Ruby said. "Come on. I think we could all use some rest." Qrow said. We all walked through the gate. Qrow shut it behind us.