"We are mere cupids, Maddie. Our jobs aren't easy and there will be mistakes. It doesn't matter if they were out of impulse or deliberate. Mistakes are inevitable. What matters the most is we make corrections. We learn from making corrections for our past mistakes. Let's formally apologize to them, Yeah? Let's complete their broken story and apologize for our mistakes. Shall we do that, Maddie?"

She clutched onto Abby's shirt and sobbed sorrowfully. She just wanted to bury herself and disappear because the agony was unbearable.

"Hey, look at me. You are the brave little Maddie that doesn't give up. Aren't you? Look at me, champ. Will you waste further time sitting here to cry or work with me to fix the situation? Cheer up, love." She cooed comforting words but Maddie simply nodded a no and hugged the older to cry louder with every passing second.

Abby sighed and ran her fingers through the latter's hair. She waited patiently for the other to stabilize. She tried again. It took multiple trials of consoling the little brat in her arms that it was okay to feel bad. 

It's okay to cry.

It's okay to feel guilty.

It's not a crime to feel wronged.

It's not a compulsion to be perfect.

It's okay to be a human for once.

It's okay, love.

You aren't obliged to live with restrictions.

Committing mistakes isn't wrong.

But leaving them uncorrected is.

___

[Note:- The story will continue from the point where we left Jikook on that boardwalk near the lake.]

Jimin breathed heavily as they detached their lips. Jungkook didn't let the male rest and pulled him closer for another kiss.

A soft wet kiss with their bodies glistening in sweat and the scorching sun over their heads. His fingers trailed over Jungkook's back and gripped his shoulder blades. The younger pulled himself out of the water and kneeled over the boardwalk hovering over Jimin with his hands firmly holding that tiny waist as he deepened the kiss.

Jimin felt his back press against the wood and blood rushed to his cheeks as the thought of being kissed in open in such an intimate position over a wooden boardwalk in the middle of nowhere was just pure bliss.

The younger trailed his lips lower down to his neck and nibbled the skin. Jimin quickly flexed his neck and grabbed Jungkook's shoulder before giggling at the touch, "It's ticklish."

Jungkook quickly drew his attention to the male with his orbs taking in the beautiful smile and those slightly crooked teeth peeping out, "Is it? But I did exactly how the dramas show it." He pouted.

"Damn, you haven't changed a bit in three years. Have you?" Jimin broke into fits of laughter.

And that's when it clicked to Jimin.

What the hell was he doing here?

Why was he shamelessly sharing a kiss with Jungkook?

Why is he here with Jungkook when his Jin would be expecting him-

Fucking cheater!

How could you break Jin's heart?

All he did was to be kind to you and you are here with Jungkook?

What wrong did Jungkook do to fall for your cheater ass?

Stop ruining their lives, Jimin.