|27|

(A/n:- Short chapter ahead

(A/n:- Short chapter ahead. Imma update the rest tomorrow)

____

Jungkook stood there with a finely draped silk shirt and thigh-fitting jeans. The first two buttons were undone revealing his collarbones. His soft smooth skin glistened against the small pendant around his neck with his mother's picture in it.

He looked around for Namjoon who dressed him this way to give a hard kick back to Jimin who rejected him.

According to Namjoon, it was the best way to show Jimin what he was missing.

Well, he wasn't exactly wrong because girls were drooling over the male's attire and the baby face he made the moment he locked eyes with anyone he stared at while finding the one that turned his heart upside down.

Yes, he was standing in the very annual fest with a rose in his hand.

At the same fest where Jimin invited him to meet his boyfriend. He stood there with confidence oozing from every corner.

He didn't want to give up.

He just couldn't accept Jimin's words.

Those words were laced with a fear he couldn't point out.

He wants to confirm it with his own eyes.

He wants Jimin to reject him right over his face.

He wants Jimin to say 'no' while locking eyes with him.

Until then, he wasn't ready to accept the defeat of this imaginary boyfriend that Jimin made up in a single night.

Jimin, on the other hand, puffed some air to part his locks of hair as he stood in the common washroom beside Jin.

"Nervous?" Jin asked as he nudged Jimin's arm with his elbow.

"A lot! I hope Jungkook doesn't catch onto the fact that we are faking-"

"Don't worry, he won't." Jin smiled and patted the boy's shoulder.

"Yeah, okay." Jimin smiled back but the unsettling feeling was still bubbling within his heart.

"Can I ask you something?" Jin opened first.

"Yes?"

"Do you like him?"

"I don't!" Jimin instantly answered with his eyes turning wide.

"Hmm," Jin sighed.

"W...what happened?" Jimin asked in a nervous tone.

"You are so obvious, Park Jimin. No wonder he doesn't trust you for having a boyfriend." Jin concluded.

"What...yah! There is no obvious thing. I don't like him. That's a fact," Jimin mumbled and patted his cheeks to wipe the blush off his face.