63 ~ Make Me Sleep

"Sumi, today I will sleep with Nisha di. Tomorrow we will leave, right?" Sumedh hummed nuzzling into Mallika's neck.

After sangeet, they came back to their room right after dinner. Everyone were exhausted and starightaway went to their rooms to have sleep. Tomorrow was the big day in Kartik and Helly's life. Also, the last of marriage of present generation of their household.

Mallika changed into comfortable wear and hugged Sumedh before leaving to her sister's room. Sumedh was damn tired as well. Resuming work after one week of getting used to spend time with his wife and enjoying life to the fullest  was totally hectic. In addition to all the enjoyment in the function dried up his energy.

"Don't be awake for long. Sleep soon, okay?" Mallika nodded her head and kissed his forehead.

He held her wrist, when she moved away. She looked at him questioningly, "Make me sleep and then go please."

His puppy eyes and pouty face made her chuckle. She made him lay down and caressed his curls, "I don't know who is younger here."

"And I am sure, you would have asked me the same, if I were leaving somewhere. Also, I know when I wake up tomorrow morning, you will be curled up in my arms." He closed his eyes, saying so. Mallika smiled in content, as he was correct.

After making Sumedh sleep, Mallika went to Tunisha's room and found her lost in Aadhav's picture. Tear droplets were falling down her cheeks, which she didn't mind to wipe it.

She came to her sense when Mallika touched her shoulder. She wiped her tears and put her husband's picture on the night stand before flashing a smile at her.

Mallika sat beside her and held her hand, "Do you miss him so much, di?"

"A lot!" Tunisha's eyes filled with tears again though her lips blossomed with smile, "Sometimes, I badly wish, wouldn't all this be a dream and I woke up to find myself in his embrace like every day or else wouldn't it be some story that he commited sucide and the body, which was burnt that day was someone else's and he might be alive some where to turn up at our doorstep when I wake up tomorrow. But no! I know he will never come to me and take care of me like all those men out there during their wife's pregnancy."

She closed her face with her palms and cried hardly. Mallika wished to console her but there was no words to comfort her out from that longing misery.

"Nisha, don't stress yourself up atleast for baby's sake. Don't search for Jiju outside. Touch your tummy and feel it. He is right there and going to be in your arms in just six more months." Mallika touched Tunisha's now little exposed baby bump and held Tunisha's hand with other hand.

"You know what, Miku? God might be very angry when he was writing my fate. My total life is just messed up one. The only good thing happened to me is this family. If Ammo and Sumedh hadn't made me understand the truth, I would have lost this beautiful family too. My ill fate would have tarnished me totally." Tunisha wiped her running nose and tears before caressing her belly fondly.

"Everything went really well until I met your Jiju in my college cultural event. A supportive family and friendly lover." At the mention of Sumedh as lover both Tunisha and Mallika felt really awkward to continue the conversation. But Tunisha had to pour her heart out so that Mallika would never have any insecurity about the past relationship of Tunisha and Sumedh. Meanwhile, Mallika listened to her so that her sister would feel light heart once she poured out.

"Sumedh was a genuine guy. He was an introvert and naive. He wanna keep us relationship in limit until we marry. But I needed his attention. I wanted to feel a subtle romances between us. I didn't feel anything wrong in it. Not everyone should be same in their point about romance, right? He might have felt me as desperate. But I didn't really care. Because at the end of the day we both loved each other. Though he avoided intimacy, I didn't feel anything offended as that wasn't really important thing in relationship. It was during our final year cultural. I bumped into Aadhav. After that I was being continuously followed by him, which put me in conscious of myself always. I started feeling suffocating. He approached me with proposal and I clearly denied, saying about Sumedh. But he didn't give me any chance, showing our family members and Sumedh in his radar. He left me with no choice. At first I approached police, that's when Shiv bhai was brutally injured. I know he was behind it. Finally, I decided to breakup Sumedh after pondering over for long. I went to convey him but I didn't know how to start and where to end. It pricked my heart. He was so naive and needed me all the time. More than his parents, he wanted me to share his everything. And thing happened. We got intimate. I initatiated it. It was not due to love nor lust. I was emotionally down and it happened. And I used that chance to break Sumedh's heart. I framed myself as some bitch in front of his eyes and left him when he literally begged me to not leave him." Tunisha closed her eyes, feeling guilt, remembering his cry on that day. He was like a broken doll.

Mallika was being traumatised to hear all this from her sister, though she knew all this already. Other side, she felt pity for Tunisha that she had to sacrifice her love for their family.

Meanwhile her heart pricked with pain to know that her grown up baby had begged her sister to not leave. She understood now, why he felt such insecurities and behaved madly possessive in the beginning stages of their life.

It would have been really hard for him to face another rejection and loss from his loved ones.

Hello, guys.

How was the chapter?

A few more chapters to shut down this book. So, I have to pen down Tunisha and Sumedh's relationship to make it clear to Mallika as well as readers. I am sorry, if you feel this is unwanted. But I had to.