39 ~ Ready For You

Both Mallika and Sumedh stuck up with their studies and work, and they didn't get much time for each other. Sometimes Mallika felt guilt that she wasn't being a good wife to Sumedh since it was only he, who took care of everything in their house and about her. But in return, she couldn't even give him time.

Helly and Kartik started responding to each other though none were ready to acknowledge their feeling. Deva felt heartbroken when she witnessed Kartik's feelings for Helly.

"Sumi, you are okay with me coming with Siddharth for freshers party, right? You aren't feeling any uncomfortableness, right?" Mallika asked again and again.

It had been a month since she got attached to Siddharth, who was technically two years younger than him. They both were batchmates and share a sibling bond.

She felt comfortable around him. When she decided to skip freshers party, he suggested that they both could go as a couple.

Sumedh hugged her from the back and looked at her dazzling reflection in the mirror, "I love you."

He pecked her cheeks softly, "Now come let's go. I will drop you near our college as usual and you can go to the party. I will come with other staff."

She smiled and nodded her head. They both left their house and reached the college in some time. As they were about to get out of the car, Mallika held his wrist, "Jaan."

Sumedh turned to her immediately, as he felt something in her voice intimately.

"I wanna... shall we go somewhere else? Let's skip the party." She said, looking into his eyes, which made him mesmerized.

He nodded his head and drove the car to the location she had shared.

Here at the freshers party, students were enjoying themselves in full swing

Here at the freshers party, students were enjoying themselves in full swing. Kartik came to Siddharth, who was standing alone and sipping a soft drink.

"Where is my sister, Man?" Kartik sat with him and took a drink for himself.

"Well, your sister dumped me last minute, saying she isn't well." Siddharth smiled at him.

Kartik looked around for Sumedh and understood that they might be together. His eyes then fell on a fresher girl, who was also sitting alone. He nudged Siddharth's shoulder, "See that girl is also alone. Go and join her."

"You are also alone, senior." Siddharth winked at him, "Where is your date?"

"Haan, in the calendar. Go and enjoy, man!" Kartik hid his blush and pushed him by his nape.

Just then his eyes stuck on Helly, who was flaunting in her mild transparent red saree. He was lost and just sipping his drink without knowing it was a spiked one.

 He was lost and just sipping his drink without knowing it was a spiked one