17 ~ I am your better half

Sumedh's eyes shot up at the door, which swung open, revealing Mallika in her bridal wear. He gasped at her openly, who had taken away his breath shortly.

 He gasped at her openly, who had taken away his breath shortly

She locked the door and turned to him while giggling. But fell silent, seeing his intense gaze on her.

It was an elegant lehanga, which enhanced her childish beauty. She preferred pink colour rather than some dark colours to specify her nature in it.

Sumedh got up from the bed slowly, making her look down in shy for no reason. His every slow step towards her made her take steps backwards.

Her breath hitched when he put his both hands on either side of her and caged her between the wall and him.

He buried his face in the crook of her neck and inhaled her fragrance. She breathed heavily and trembled as a shiver ran down her spine.

"S...Sumedh." She whispered his name, clutching her lehanga in her small fists.

"Shh." He silenced her and dropped his hands down to hold her bare waist. His body crushed her against the wall and he nuzzled his face more in the crook of her neck. Their eyes were closed.

It was completely new for Mallika. Different sensations and shyness overpowered her fragile soul. She loved that. She loved this closeness.

There was no uncomfortableness nor dislike ness in both of them. They both stood like a statue.

Their breaths became heavy and audible that they filled the room in no second.

"I'm sorry, baby. I won't say that as I was carried away. I don't know how you are feeling now. But I am sure, you aren't feeling uncomfortable. But I need more. I just want more. I won't do anything sort of. At least let me hug you like this often, please." He said huskily, making her blush hard.

But she ended up laughing finally, seeing his pleading to hug her like this. He pulled back and looked at her with a pout and confused face.

"Baby, you don't need to ask any permission from me. Even I won't say as I need time and I am nervous. Not every girl and boy are the same. I am your better half, munchkin." He smiled but narrowed his eyebrows when she called him a munchkin.

"Am I looking like a small kid to you?" He kept both hands on his hips.

"Yes." She nodded her head and walked past him to sit on the bed, "Because kids only plead to their Mumma to do their favourite things."

"Then I won't plead you." He said and pushed her over the bed and hovered over her without putting his whole weight on her.

She gasped and looked at him unbelievably. He chuckled and laid down beside her, "Chill! I know my limits."

He kept his one hand under his head and took her one hand in his. She smiled and asked, "By the way, when did you come and why?"

"I came after everyone left for the shopping just like that day through the balcony since your Nisha di was at home. And about reason, I simply don't know. I just wish to be with you always." He shrugged, making her smile widely.

"Aww! Why is it so?" She put one leg and one hand on him, locking him in her embrace.

"I don't know, Baby. It's just, maybe you are right that I am behaving like a kid. You may say obsessed or possessive. That my heart takes you as mine. Just mine! And I want you with me always, just like how you want your family with you always." He said kissing her forehead.

Though he said obsession, Mallika knew that he wasn't obsessed with her. It was something else, which made him affectionate and possessive over her this much.

But being a teenage girl, nothing bothered her. She was overwhelmed by his new kind of affection and care for her.

"Then what will you do when I stay back at my parents place after the wedding? I can never be with you always, right?" Mallika said being concerned.

"Same goes to you, Jaan. No one can be with you forever. Even I will leave you one day when I breathe my last breath. Learn to live independently." He called her 'Jaan' inflow, which none of them noticed.

She kept her palm over his lips and stopped him, "Don't talk rubbish. I hate you."

She huffed and sat on the bed, hiding her tears from him. He smiled and pulled her above him, "My little munchkin, I wish to see you live independently."

She sighed and smiled. She had no idea about living independently. But if it was for him, she would do something.

She got up from him and adjusted her dress, since she had to wear it on her wedding day, she didn't wish to spoil it by wearing it for long.

Sumedh sat up in the bed as well. Just then his eyes fell on the picture on the wall in which Mallika was with his three brothers and one sister.

His world stopped when he saw the girl in that picture, who was clinging to Mallika and showing her teeth, smiling widely.

"Tunisha." He whispered, which was audible enough to Mallika.

She looked at him and followed his gaze. She smiled and said, "Yes, she is Tunisha di. You haven't seen her yet, right?"

He gritted his teeth and unstoppable rage formed inside him. Mallika started saying about her bond with Tunisha, which just irritated him.

"Do you know what? Jiju..." Mallika was saying but he held her wrist tightly.

She winced in pain and looked at him, whose eyes were filled with tears. She was confused when he dragged her out of her room.

"Sumedh! What are you doing? All are there in the living room." She whispered.

But he didn't bother and dragged her to all. Everyone looked at him surprisingly and got up.

"Sumedh beta. When did you come? Mallika, did you give him anything?" Kalyani asked.

"No, Ammo. I will bring." She was about to leave. But he pulled her close to him and looked at Kalyani, "Ammo, I wanna marry her right now!"

 But he pulled her close to him and looked at Kalyani, "Ammo, I wanna marry her right now!"

I wanna say something. Don't think that without love how can they be that close and intimate.

Not every relationship start with love. It starts with trust. Trust and comfortableness are enough to give each other space in their life.

Also, don't think that if you are a girl then you should always be shy and need time to work out the relationship. Not every girl are same.

Don't start judging the book and their characters due to the practical things shown in this chapter.

Besides, what did happen to Sumedh now?

What will happen next?