#11: khai/third: monster (cursed third #5)

Start from the beginning

  "Where are their parents?" Milk pressed Third.

  Khai saw one of the kids hugging Third's leg was crying while the other looked extremely angry.

  "I discussed their home life situation with the principal and their teacher when I signed them up to this school but if you must know our parents have passed and I'm their guardian so stop upsetting my brothers by asking about our parents." Third hissed.

  Khai was frozen hearing what Third had just said. His parents were dead? How? When?

  Milk looked actually taken back by Third's response.

  "Todd was bullying White!" Sean ran over yelling stopping next to Third. "He told White that his daddy knew a lot of scary monsters and if White told on him he'd tell his daddy to send the monsters after him. I heard and saw it!"

  "Me too!" Gram yelled, joining Sean.

  "Me too!" Yok exclaimed.

  "Me too!" Namo, another of their classmates said.

  "Me too!" Eugene, another classmate, raised her hand.

  "Me too!"

  "Me too!"

   "Me too!"

  A few more of their classmates raised their hands and parents looked around surprised.

  "Do you believe them now?" Third asked.

  Khai walked over and stood behind Sean, Gram, and Yok.

  "Milk, it seems you should get the teacher." Khai said.

  Third turned and saw Khai standing there for the first time.

  "I'll be right back." Milk said before heading inside the building.

  "Here." Khai watched as Sean offered the boy who had been crying a tissue from his pocket.

  "Thank you." The boy said shyly as he took it and wiped his nose.

  "You shouldn't take tissues from strangers." The other boy scolded him.

  Third rolled his eyes. "Does this kid look like a stranger? He's your classmate. Stop being mean to your classmate or I'll take out the cookie I put in your lunch today and eat it." Third said.

  Black huffed and crossed his arms.

  "Sean got your favorite candy too." Gram told him and dug his hand into Sean’s snack bag and took out a small box. "Here."

  Khai watched Third's little brother Black glance at the box of candy Gram was offering him and try to restrain himself from taking it. He ended up taking it anyway.

  "Thanks." Black mumbled.

  "Louder and thank him." Third pointed at Sean.

  "Thank you Sean." Black said.

  "No problem." Sean said and then walked over the shy one. "Want to look through the candy under that tree? You can pick your favorites and save them for later."

  "Go ahead." Third told him when he looked up at him.

  Khai watched all five kids run off to the tree nearby.

  "So those are your brothers." Khai said.

  Third nodded and glanced after them.

  "Black is the grouchy one. White is the shy one. Black is protective of White. Sorry about his attitude towards your…" Third waited for Khai to fill in the rest.

  "Cousin." Khai said. "The kid with the bag of candy is my cousin, well my cousin's son but whatever. His name is Sean and those are his friends Gram and Yok."

  Third nodded looking at them and the crowd they were attracting when the other kids noticed all the snacks and candies Sean had in the bag.

  "Nice kids." Third said.

  "Yeah." Khai said. "Um, I'm sorry about your parents."

  "Oh, um, it happened over four years ago. You didn't know. It's fine. You don't have to say anything." Third said.

  Khai could tell Third was not fine but didn't press. It was becoming really obvious that he had no idea what had happened in Third's life during the past five years.

  "They look just like you when you were four." Khai said, looking at the twins.

  White looked like he was getting overwhelmed by all the kids that had suddenly surrounded them asking if they could have some snacks and candies too. Black was standing by White’s side glaring at anyone who got too close to his brother.

  "Sean looks like you." Third said.

  That Khai could agree with. His entire family was surprised by how much Sean looked like Khai when he was younger. They could be brothers. Some people thought Khai was Sean’s father whenever they walked down the street together.

  "Mr. Pothiyakorn?" The teacher came out of the building followed by Milk. "I've been told there's something you need to talk to me about."

  "Yes." Third said and followed the teacher inside.

  Khai looked over at the kids one last time before leaving. He could tell from Sean’s actions that he might have a crush on White but even Khai knew getting past Black would be a hard job.

  It kind of reminded him of when Khai had met Third when they were four. Although Third didn't have a protective brother so Kahi was able to befriend Third pretty quickly.

  He wished good luck to Sean in his head. The kid was going to need it.

゚°☆𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞. 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞.☆° ゚

「𝙍𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙘𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙗𝙡𝙚/𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮!」