#11: khai/third: monster (cursed third #5)

Summary: Khai meets Black and White.

  "If you don't start walking faster you're going to be late." Khai said as he looked back at his cousin's son who he was walking to school.

  "It's not fair! Your legs are longer!" Sean yelled as he ran to catch up with Khai.

  "We wouldn’t be running late if you hadn't made us stop at the store to buy snacks. Didn't your mom pack you snacks? Why did you have to buy more? Are you running some snack selling business in your preschool or something?" Khai looked at the bag filled with snacks that Sean was carrying.

  "I'm not running a snack selling business!" Sean exclaimed looking outraged. "Yok is."

  "Oh, okay then. Sorry." Khai said knowing Sean’s friend Yok is the type of kid to do that. "Then what's with all the different snacks?"

  Sean blushed and Khai was surprised by the kid looking shy. He wasn't someone to get shy. Something was up.

  "There's this boy who doesn't like the snacks the teacher gives out so he never has snacks. I offered him some of mine but his brother didn't let him try it because it was opened and he said I could've poisoned it." Sean explained.

  Khai was surprised by the dramatics of preschoolers. Some four year old really thought Sean had poisoned his snacks?

  "Okay." Khai said. "So you bought him some snacks?"

  Sean nodded.

  "Why so many?" Khai asked.

  "I don't know which one he likes and I can use the ones he doesn't like to bribe his brother in case he doesn't let me give him the snacks." Sean explained.

  "Sounds reasonable." Khai said even though he didn't think it was reasonable that Sean had to bribe a kid's brother so he could give the kid a snack.

  "Thank you." Sean said proudly.

  They reached the school and Khai opened the gate and let Sean walk inside before him. He followed him inside and saw Sean’s friends Yok and Gram running over when they spotted them.

  "Sean! Sean! Sean!" Yok was yelling as he reached them.

  "What?" Sean asked.

  Khai stood behind them and watched, curious as to what could have Yok so out of breath.

  "The twins big brother came to talk to the teacher about what happened yesterday during recess and the teacher said Todd never took White’s glasses so their brother and the teacher are arguing!" Yok said extremely fast that it was hard to keep up but Khai saw Sean, Yok, and Gram run off and quickly followed them.

  "If my brothers say their classmate was bullying them then I believe them." Khai heard a familiar voice say and soon saw it indeed was Third talking with one of the assistant teachers.

  "Well I didn't see anything and Black has a history of having a bad temper. I'm sure Todd was just playing with White and Black misinterpreted things and lashed out. I really think I should be having this talk with your parents though." Milk, the assistant teacher, said.

  "I'm their guardian and therefore if you have anything to talk about you'll be talking to me. I can't believe if a child comes to you and tells you they are being bullied you don't believe them just because you didn't see it. You should at least make sure it isn't true before accusing the child of lying." Third said.

  Milk pursed her lips and glances around noticing the parents who were watching what was going on. It definitely wasn't a good look for her and Khai could hear some of the parents agreeing with Third.