"What? Surprised?"

I nod, unable to form words.

"Shut up and Drive is one of my top hype songs. Also S&M."

"Of course the song about sex is."

"Kinky sex." He winks again and my cheeks flush what I'm sure is cranberry red.

"Shut up." I stare out the window as we pull onto the interstate.

"And drive, drive, drive." He sings and I hide my smile with my hand. I feel a large, calloused hand wrap around my forearm and force my hand away. "Quit doing that, okay?"

"Sorry." I shove my hands under my thighs.

"You gotta pretty smile sweetheart, quit hiding it." He says with a boyish grin, dimples appearing on both cheeks.

"Does that grin really work in the game of seduction?"

"Every time, baby." He says, staring back at the road.

My stomach twists at the pet name. "Again, that really works in the game of seduction?"

"Mama, I hungry."

"We're going to get food right now, baby," I tell Axel as I turn in my seat and look at him.

"When?"

"In like five minutes," Declan answers and I turn back around.

"One... Two..." I purse my lips together as Axel continues to count. "F-free... Four... Five. We here!"

"Not quite, dude," Declan says quietly and I chuckle.

"Look Mama, geese!" I look back to see Axel pointing to the window. He looks at me with a proud grin, which I return.

Declan drives around the city a little bit before getting off at an exit ramp. "It's just at the corner of this block." He pulls into a spot along the curb and throws the truck in reverse to parallel park.

Once the ignition is off I jump out of the car and gawk at his perfect parking job. After a few minutes, Declan comes walking around the truck with Axel in his arms.

"How did you? What- I can't even parallel park this good on a bicycle!"

"If you have trouble parking a bicycle, then maybe you should go back to Driver's Ed. Or better yet, get you some training wheels." He pats the top of my head and I push his hand away. "Come on, Miss Grumpy Pants." I huff.

Declan sets Axel down on the slushy ground, and I reach down and take ahold of his little, gloved hand. I look back up to Declan to find he's put a pair of Tom Ford glasses on.

"What's your opinion on scones?" Declan asks as we walk down the street.

"Honestly?" We come upon a puddle of melted ice and lift Axel up by his arms and step over it. He giggles loudly. "Never had one."

Declan's head snaps in my direction and I stifle a giggle at his baffled expression. "I'm buying you every scone in the case."

"I'm not allowing that, but, I'll try one scone if you want."