Tragic

Dean rubbed his eyes. "Where are you going?"

Calliope resumed putting on chapstick. "Adam and I are going to the toy shop."

"Why?" He yawned.

She told him all about her idea for Abi.

He smirked. "Where's my kiss?"

"Strange man." She gave him a kiss before pocketing the small tube and leaving their room with her handbag.

He snickered as he got comfortable to go back to sleep.

¥

Calliope and Adam appeared in front of a random toy store. She let his jacket go and went up to the glass door to read store hours. "It is open."

He walked up behind her and opened the door for her.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiled down at her.

She smiled up at him before her attention was diverted to a nearby shelf that held trains. "Ooh!"

"You like trains?" He followed behind her as she floated over to the display.

"I do not know. I have never seen one in my presence before." She poked the shiny red metal transportation machine.

"You've never been on a train?" Even he had. Once. When he was a child. "We should take a train ride."

"Where?" She circled the display, which had more different colored trains at different angles.

"Anywhere you wanna go." He shrugged.

She nodded and looked up at him with a small smile. "I would like that. I like the green one."

"I'll buy it for you." He offered.

"Thank you." She picked up the train she liked the most that was in an emerald shade. "I wonder where are the stuffed creatures?"

"I don't know." He turned without moving his feet.

A sales associate walked up. "Hello. Welcome to Great Rocky Mountain Toy Company. Is there anything you're looking for in particular?"

Calliope looked over the big burly man and smiled. "We are looking for stuffed creatures."

The man heard her accent. "You folks not from around here, are ya?"

"We just moved here about a week ago." Adam confirmed.

"Where ya from?"

"Kansas."

He looked at Calliope, who was at another display. "She don't sound like a Kansas native."

"She's Irish."

That gave the man more questions! Before he could do more than open his mouth, Calliope squealed. "Adam! They have CandyLand!"

Adam made a face before pasting a huge smile on his face as he turned to face her. "That's great, Calliope. Maybe we should buy a different game?"

She read a different box. "Mayhap we can try Monopoly?"

Adam paled. "Um...!"

She picked the box up. "It is beautiful."

He could admit the box had a beautiful art scene depicted on it but he knew friendships could be ruined from Monopoly. "It is. But Dean probably doesn't know how to play?"

She didn't catch on to his lie. "We could learn together!"

"You need more than two people to play."

"We can all play."