Let Go

"Dean!" Calliope scared the living hell out of Dean.

He almost dropped his plate of pizza. "Whoa!"

She waited for him to compose himself. "Dean."

"Yeah?" He grumped.

"I have the perfect idea."

He knew that this was going to go wrong. "What's your perfect idea?"

"We can watch the romantic movies."

He double blinked. "We can what?"

"We can watch the romantic movies. Margot said that in a lot of them, the pairings get married. We can watch and study these films and then apply it to our wedding."

Why did that not sound like a bad idea? "Which movies?"

She shrugged. "Honestly I do not know the meaning of the word "romance"."

He sort of liked that. "Good."

"The bar is in hell..."

"Huh?"

She rolled her eyes and continued. "You're not going to teach me romance?"

"No." He shook his head. "Ew. No."

She watched as he walked around her to go sit down. "The basement of hell."

"I don't know what you're talking about!" He sang.

She swung around and stalked to him. "You're a bad husband already."

He frowned.

"This is our wedding. Together. As long as our love is cemented, nothing else matters. Right?"

He was unsure of if this was a trap. "Right...?"

"Then why aren't you helping me make this a day that we can remember?"

"I won't forget our anniversary."

"It's more than remembering a date so you can get me dead flowers from a gas station on your way home from work."

"That was oddly specific..."

"I want you to remember the entire day fondly, even when old age takes your memory and you're drooling into that nasty cubed gelatin humans enjoy so much."

"Imagery."

"Dean!"

"You are good with words. But I'm not. I barely want to get up in front of fifty people and say my vows."

"Excuse me?" It took a lot to get out.

"You want me to, don't you?"

"Fifty people?! I don't even know fifty people! I'm not saying vows in front of fifty people!"

He realized she was embarrassed. He slowly grinned. "How many people are we inviting to this thing?"

"No one!"

He almost laughed. "What about Adam and-?"

"You want to say your vows in front of Adam?"

He took in her arched eyebrow and realized she was right. "No. But I want my brothers there. Don't you want yours?"

"No."

"Who would you invite then?"

"No one."

"Who would be there?"

"Me, you, Dianna and the officiate."

The more she spoke, the more he fell in love. "Are you shy?"

"Shy?" She gave a tiny frown.