Diamonds and Hearts

Începe de la început

"You're not making any sense.", she said, and Cater snorted, a hysterical smile appearing on his face.

"I'll tell you what doesn't make any sense! Me, still being here, talking to you, when I know that it's only going to hurt me in the end, because for all your astute observations about others, you're still so staggeringly oblivious!", he yelled out, holding his crossed arms tighter as an unhinged shine coated his eyes. Cassandra kept a neutral expression as Cater talked. He wasn't thinking clearly, so she wasn't going to hold his words against him.

'Doesn't mean I have to like what he's saying, though.', the tanned girl thought, frowning at her friend's seemingly condescending words. Cater continued.

"You-you really don't get it, do you? Don't you understand?", he asked in a weak voice. Cassandra frowned in concern.

"Understand what?", she asked. Cater's glare came back at full force.

"That you're going to leave! That one day, you'll find a way back to wherever you came from, go back there and never come back! That... that you'll leave me...", he yelled out, muttering the last part sadly. Cassandra reached a hand out and put it on his shoulder.

"Cater, I won't- ", she started soothingly, only to have her hand pulled off of Cater's shoulder, lowered down to her side and held firmly at the wrist. It might have been bruising to a human, but she barely felt it. The redhead could break away at any time, but chose not to.

"But that's the thing! You will, and normally I could accept that, but I can't stand it this time! Because I- !", the green eyed boy exclaimed, before he cut himself off with a scowl and pulled a surprised Cassandra in by her wrist for a seething kiss, using her shock to deepen it and wrap his free arm around her waist.

Cassandra was surprised. She knew she was attracted to him and liked him as a person, yes, but she didn't expect him to make the first move. Then again, Kalim had surprised her by practically pouncing on her in an empty classroom, despite the fact he was what the pop culture community would call a 'power bottom', so she supposed anything could happen.

Melting into the kiss, Cassandra let him have control, given the fact he didn't think he had much of that right now. She wanted to reassure him that none of his fears would ever become reality.

Carding her fingers through his hair, Cater groaned at the pleasant sensation and held Cassandra tighter. This continued for quite some time, with occasional seconds long breaks for air, until both their lipstick was smudged and lips were too swollen to continue.

Resting his forehead on Cassandra's own, Cater breathlessly finished his last sentence.

"Because... because I love you...", he admitted, cheeks flushed red and eyes burning yet dazed with passion and lust. Cassandra smiled softly.

"You could have just led with that...", she said, kissing him one last time before she spoke again with a frown.

"Cater, while I feel the same, you really should have told me about how you felt earlier. I'm not going anywhere. Ever. When I find a way to return to my home world, I will not leave until I know for a fact that I will be able to travel between worlds safely.", Cassandra declared, golden eyes flickering in conviction. Cater blinked in shock.

"But, won't that be really difficult...?", he trailed off. Cassandra laughed.

"This isn't an anime, honey; if I can travel to this world, then I can travel back to mine. Every action has an inverse. Just because we don't know it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.", she said in non-mocking humor. Cater frowned.

"That sounds a lot like having your cake and eating it too.", he said, sounding hesitant to put all his faith in Cassandra's statement. Cassandra, who sensed his skepticism, grinned wickedly and freed her wrist from Cater's grasp with ease, putting that hand on her hip. Cater blinked in surprise at how easily she pulled her hand back. She could have moved away at any time during their makeout? (he felt giddy inside when he realized he had made out with the woman he loved for the first time and she had kissed back and she loved him too and she was staying ohSeventhiswasthegreatestdayofhislife- )