It's Been A Long Time

"What's your name?" His voice still aggressive.

"Why do you even want to know?" 

"Do you want to stop this argument or not?! Just tell me who you are!" He yelled again.

"Fine! I'm Charlotte! Charlotte Dashington!" His eyes widened then stepped back.

"C-Charlotte??.." His voice softened as I became confused.

"What? Does my name scare you or something?!" I asked, still frustrated.

"N-no! It's just.." He came closer then cupped my cheek. I tried removing his hands but his grip was so hard that I couldn't.

"Charlotte? Is that really you?" He asked, again.

"Yes of course it's me! That's my name! What's even yours anyways!?"

"You don't remember me too, don't you.." He asked, which softened my eyes.

"I-.." I tried speaking but no words left my mouth.

"It's me.. Draco... Draco Malfoy.. The kid of your mother's friend? The lady with blonde and black hair? The boy who used to play with you in the garden? The boy wh-"

"Who left me and didn't even bother to send me a letter?" I cut him off as he was left cluelessly.

"Who said?" He questioned.

"You never sent a single owl. Not even once!" I hugged him as he hugged back.

"I'm so sorry for separating away from you for 3 years... Our friendship was so fast and yet we just separated like that.." he apologized which I smiled at.

"It's not your fault, Dray. Your family just wanted to go somewhere with you." I said as he softly smiled back as well.

"I'm glad you understand.."He said then I chuckled then pulled out of the hug.

"You look so different. What happened to your slick hair?" He just snickers.

"That was just my type of style before. Now, I find it repulsive." I laughed a bit loud until I noticed Draco staring at me.

"What?" I asked and he just turns away.

"Nothing." I heard him mumble. I nodded then changed the subject.

"So.. How come you didn't notice me at our 1st year?" He just scoffs after hearing me say that.

"Two words. Bully. Potter." 

"Ah... Okay.." I turned, facing him who was fiddling with his fingers.

"How do you still dream of me?" I asked, hoping to get a response.

"This." He pulled up his sleeve, revealing the bracelet we gave each other when we were 10.

I smiled at him and he did too. I felt complete. Really complete.

"Who's your date to the Yule ball?" I don't know but it just came out of my tongue which I mistakenly couldn't hold.

"Pansy. Just trying things with her." As soon as he said that, I felt.. Jealous? Angry? Sad? My emotions mixed each other as I speak.

"Oh.. Nice.." I felt my voice cracking but I held it all in.

"What's with the sudden mood change?" He says, placing a hand on my cheek.

"Nothing.." I muttered. He smiles.

"How about you? I heard lots of boys asked you out. Did you choose anyone?" I shook my head to no.

"They weren't my type." I said, plainly.

"I would've asked you out then. But Pansy also seemed nice so I chose her before choosing you. So sorry." He apologized.

"It's okay. I understand. When's the Yule ball anyway?" I'm really not updated at all anymore on any event.

"In a few weeks. It's not that long, right?" He says, removing his hand on my cheek then grabbed out a green apple to eat.

"Yeah.. Not that long.. I'm sleepy. I'm heading to my dorm. Good night, Malfoy." I said, waving him a goodbye.

"Stop with the last names!" He yelled before I went out. I just rolled my eyes at him which made him smirk. God I had to deal with him again.

I went to my dorm, changed my clothes then laid down in bed, thinking about what happened today.

"Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.."