Chapter 9: Did you say Trauma? Or Crazy?

Lucy's P.O.V.

I remember the ambulances and the cop cars. I remember the flashing lights looking blurry, the sirens echoing on and on and on in my head.

"Lucy? Luuuuuuucy?" I could hear Sierra calling my name within the dark void.
"Hhhhmmmmmeeeggghmmm." I groaned weakly in response, Before bolting upward.
"Lucy!" Both Sierra and Vince exclaimed at the same time. Afterward they both had me trapped in a hug.
"I just woke up guys." I complained.
"Oh hush, I'm your best friend I'm not gonna just sit here. So stop complaining and let me crush you." Sierra said jokingly.
"Owww." I grunted quietly.
"Oh sorry, I forgot about that." She sad apologetically.
"It's fine, I just.... I had the weirdest dream while I was unconscious..." I squinted while thinking about it. "Sierra, you were there, but you know..... I wasn't dying. We were fine but it's like....it happened but it didn't actually happen. I don't remember which parts were real though. Because you smell like vodka...." I rambled in confusion and looked at Sierra for help.
"Relax, I'll explain everything once your head trauma and bloody intestines are all better." She somehow was remaining calm. Meanwhile I felt like I was going mad.

Before I could respond the door opened.
"Lucy Quinzel? Your family's here, I'm going to have to ask your friends to leave for awhile." A nurse announced.
Sierra gave me one final teary eyed nod and smile before heading toward the door. Vince on the other hand squeezed my hand tightly and whispered in my ear.
"I swear on my life, I'll never let this happen to you again." It was only after he said that I realized he was shaking and was barely holding back tears.
Unable to find words I nodded and smiled while a few stray tears rolled down my face. He leaned down and kissed my forehead before leaving.

Whitney's P.O.V.

When I first saw the police cars, the flashing lights, and heard the cop say something happened; I was sure someone had died, but that's not what happened.

When we arrived at the hospital the car barely had a chance to stop before I jumped out of the back. I ran to the nurses station as fast as I could and found Lucy's room.

Before I opened the door I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the worse. Then finally my mom, Marcus, and I entered.
"Oh my god, Lucy." I quickly walked over to her bed and hugged her. Before I could stop myself the questions flew out. "What happened? What did they do to you? Who were they? Is it bad? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" By the time I finished I was bawling my eyes out.

She grasped my hand. "I'm going to be fine, I'm just tired." She paused slightly and held her palm to her forehead. "It's just head trauma and they fixed my lovely internal bleeding." She added dryly but with humor.
"See? She'll be fine. I'm gonna get you a ginger ale for your head. Okay?" Marcus said while unexpectedly showing compassion for another living thing.
"Thanks Marcus." Lucy responded with a grateful smile.

A few hours later my mother told Marcus and I to go home and rest because we had school the next day.

"Bye Lucy." I said before Marcus and I gave her a final hug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Writers n
Sorry for the silence and this chapter. I haven't been sleeping or been home in 3 days, therefore I will focus on the next few chapters I have planned. They will most definitely be better than this one. So stay awake!
Xoxo ~M.A.