Chapter 29: I Could Get Used To This

I'm home from Ohio it's 1:00 a.m. And I'm currently on Craigslist looking for a hole to promptly die in! 😊🤘🏻 Good news is... I'm not stuck on a plane & I can actually get shit done, thank you very much.

As for the actual house, mansion was the only possible word to describe it. It even came with a dog, a Great Dane known as Titus. Then of course the cat, of not specific breed, Alfred.

"Cute," I said as I scratched Titus, which ended up becoming a full on belly rub. "Thanks for heads, Waynes!" I exclaimed sarcastically as I became covered in dog hair.

"I mean everything happened pretty fast. So I guess it just slipped our minds." Said Sierra, with a crooked smile crossing her face. "But believe me you'll love them! They're very well trained! Or at least Titus is. If you ask me, Alfred can be a fluffy little monster when he wants to, although he loves me!"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course he does!" Sierra pouted and make a snarky comment in French, "Chats vous détestez..."
"No, cats love me! Now shut up, and show me where I can take a nap." Them as Damian began pointing out where things were, while he was bringing me to a spare bedroom, I silently stuck my tongue out at Sierra. Who proceeded to elbow me, and Damian finally turned around when I made a squeak that was supposed to come out as 'ow'.

"Really? This is how you two spend your time? Wasting it?" He said jokingly. "Alright, this is where you can sleep, Lucy. So Sierra leave her alone until she actually wants your attention."  Sierra kinda looked like she wanted to punch him, but eventually decided against it, and went downstairs to make pancakes for dinner.

"Why is she making pancakes?" I asked with a small yawn. "I don't know if you've noticed, but she doesn't really know how to make much else. Just get some rest, alright?" He suggested, genuinely concerned. "Alright, whatever." I agreed before slamming the door in his face, but as quietly as possible of course. Because of the twins don't sleep, I don't sleep.

I quickly threw myself onto the king size bed, and smiled, while thinking, 'huh, I think I'm gonna like it here!' Then almost immediately I fell asleep, and continued to sleep for about 20 minutes, due to Sierra dropping pots and pans down in the kitchen. Then the twins both woke up, thank you so much Sierra, what would I do without you?