Troubling Day

"Damn... This place is frickin' huge."

Xyrus Academy was... Let's just say it lived up to its reputation. It was huge, to put it simply.

A separate building for the dormitories, an amphitheater—probably for some kind of practical class, even the white central building just up ahead that probably served as some kind of main hall.

Oh, and the giant wall that surrounds the entirety of campus grounds with the twin gates and everything. That too.

"Perhaps our time here may be more interesting than anticipated, no?"

I could see the smile on Ryu's face and realized there was one on my own as well.

"Can't argue with that, I guess."

**

"Welcome to Xyrus Academy, you two. I'm glad to see you made it without tearing down my school."

"Surely you jest, Cynthia." I threw my hands up dramatically, emphasizing my shock and awe.

"Seriously. An Adventurer? I know you've made better choices before."

She chuckled heartily at my joke. "Professor Geist was assigned to Practical Mana Manipulation just a few weeks following my meeting with you and Arthur.

While I wasn't particularly a fan of his antics, there's no denying his skills. He is without a doubt befitting of his position, despite his not so well hidden personal affairs."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right. I don't even know who this guy is. I bet he's not even an AA Class Adventurer."

"Well, I'm sure you didn't come here for nothing, Jayden. Please, take a seat. We have much to discuss." She took a seat at her desk, inviting me to join her from across.

I sat in the chair across from her and gestured to her to continue.

"As you know, I've reserved the position of Student Council President for you. I have to admit it was quite a troublesome task, but I managed, somehow.

During your first year here at Xyrus Academy, I will have you shadow the current Student Council President. That much should be manageable, yes?"

I nodded. "As long as they're not the kind of person I'd have to beat information into, I'll get by. And as for classes..."

Her hand went up to stop me.

"Before you continue, I must include that I will only allow carte blanche after you take up your new position. I'm sure you've all kinds of new things to add, but please hold off until then."

Internally noting her approval down, I continued.

"I was hoping you could give me access to any books on elemental and Deviant magic. Don't really need theory classes but I do like to go back to basics every once in a while for a refresh.

And if you can, I want one of those mana-rich training facilities. Always good to keep up my skills."

She pondered for a moment before nodding in acceptance.

"Very well. I will arrange a test for access to the theory-level books and prepare a private training facility. Do you have any other requests in mind?"

Shaking my head, I stood from my chair.

"That'll be all. I'll enroll in Xyrus Academy as a battle mage candidate, but do you think I can have my own uniform designed? The color scheme you've got going on is a bit... tacky."

An amused smile ran across her face.

"That's the first time I've heard a complaint about the academy uniforms. Go ahead and design your uniform. I'll have it ready and made before you begin."